Chapter 26: Ruses

#DS5Unbowed #EmbRace #PuppyCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 26: RUSES

EMBER'S POV

Our screams filled the car when we heard the gunfire rip through the silence. The sound was so close that it sounded like a canon was firing right next to us. Sa labas ay nakatayo pa rin si Cristiano sa harapan ng sasakyan habang hawak ang isang baril.

Is this why I saw him running towards the woods? This was his plan? To separate us from Warrick and ambush us?

Pilit na binitawan ko ang busog na mahigpit kong hawak at isinukbit ko iyon sa likod ko bago ako mariing pumikit. I tried to steady my breathing and calm my nerves, which were beginning to go haywire.

Cristiano has a picture of my mother that he says was drawn by his father. Ang sabi niya ay dating nanligaw ang tatay niya kay mama. His father died, and people could attest to that. But Carlos Gerona was the man that my mother was supposed to have an affair with.

So either Cristiano lied about his father being dead or his real father is Carlos Gerona. Would he really help his father murder people just because of their biological ties?

Another gunshot rang out. I'm sure that Dagger made the car bulletproof, and we're safe here, but we just can't stay here. "I don't have my phone with me, but Warrick probably called for help already—"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang bigla na lang bumukas ang pintuan sa gawi ko. A hand grabbed my arm tightly and wrenched me out of the car so hard that I winced in pain.

"Go!" I shouted at Miss Asencio. "It's me they want! Drive!"

Tinangka kong magpumiglas pero masyadong mahigpit ang pagkakahawak sa akin ng lalaki na natitiyak ko na si Carlos Gerona. I stumbled on the slip-ons I was wearing when they came off, but the man just kept dragging me. Ramdam ko ang pagguhit ng maliliit na bato sa mga paa ko.

I tried to look at the man, but for some reason, he forced me to face ahead, with his own body hidden behind me. Sa harapan namin ay humakbang palapit si Cristiano pero muling kumilos ang lalaki na nasa likod ko. I felt the cold mouth of a gun touch the side of my head, which sent the hair on my nape standing.

Pinanood ko kung paanong natigilan si Cristiano sa akmang paglapit sa amin dahilan para magsalubong ang mga kilay ko. Uncertainty colored his eyes, and there was also an unmistakable worry in them.

Sa pang-ilan na pagkakataon ay pumainlang sa paligid ang tunog ng baril habang unti-unting gumagapang ang lamig sa katawan ko. Rumaragasa sa utak ko ang mga senaryong nagdaan. It was like hitting rewind in hyper-speed mode.

There are five important things that occurred to me. Cristiano went to the woods and he might not be running away but running after someone, the way Carlos Gerona positions me seems like he's using me as a shield, Cristiano's gun blasted a couple of times but it didn't hit the car like it wasn't his target, the doors were supposed to be locked, and there's no sound coming from the engine.