|| 8 ||

Eliot's pov:

The movie had ended an hour ago when Eliot's mother knocked quietly on the half open door. The soft light of the lamp in the hallway, made the mother look like a silhouette. "Are you still awake?" She whispered, making sure not to wake her son up if he was asleep.

"Welcome back mom." Eliot replied. The brunette had a hard time falling asleep. It was one of the symptoms of his POTS. He was always tired and was in need of sleep, but he never seemed to could fall asleep in the evening. Sometimes he would lay awake most of the night and then sleep the whole day afterwards. It was like a curse; a never ending struggle.

"Still can't fall asleep?" His mother stated with a sigh. Eliot couldn't see it from the light, but his mother smiled sorrowfully at him. He wouldn't have wanted to see that anyway. He hated to be pitted.

"No. But Juno is. He vent out like a light." Eliot giggled a little.

His mother was happy that his son had found a friend, cause Eliot had only once complained about Juno pitying him over lunch, and that he didn't seem to remember him from when they were younger. But the next day he told his mother about how they had found the perfect place for their breaks in school together; under a tree behind the library. To think that the boy asleep besides Eliot had done so much yet so little, for the son to actually trust him. It had been unthinkable for a long time. But now it seemed to be a reality. "Do try to get some sleep, Eliot. You need it."

His mother was right, and Eliot knew. She was always right. Like she could see right through him, and read what was on his mind. "I know, mom. Thank you." He replied.

"Good night, Eliot" She silently closed the door to the bedroom. And darkness, the essence of nothing, filled the room. But it wasn't scary, on the contrary, it was oddly idyllic.

"Good night." He helped the sleeping Juno off his shoulder, and down onto the bed, and laid himself besides him, surrounded by the pillows. Eliot snuggled up to Juno's hair and laid his arm over him, as to hug him. His hair was soft. Really soft. Eliot had an empty feeling in his stomach when he thought about the fact that Juno didn't seem to recognize nor remember him. It left him feeling... blank. Like a void of feeling and hope, just waiting to be filled, but staying hollow. And the hiatus of the past seemed to rummage like goosebumps down his spine.

The moon seemed to blur mystical like and the silhouettes outside the window looked like people. As he besides Juno followed his friend into dreamland about an hour later.

(Sorry this chapters was a bit shorter than the rest. But I felt like here was the right time to end the chapter. I hope you understand, and I hope to see you in the next chapter. Have a nice day/good night!)