|| 26 ||

Eliot's pov:

Eliot had never known of this place before. It was nice. He should definitely come here to read sometime. Juno seemed excited. Like a dog almost. I guess he was in some ways. A smile flew over him, with the breeze. The tree was nice. How the wind danced with the leaves and they sang together.

"Eliot!" Juno said quite loudly.

He almost jumped off the bench. What did he yell like that? He blinked a couple times, and turned to face Juno. "...huh?... sorry, what did you say."

"Just wanted to get your attention."

He grinned. "Well now you have it. Something you wanna say, or?"

"... as a matter of fact, I do, actually..." Eliot wondered why he wanted permission to say something and not just say it. Juno was fumbling with his fingers.

"I think I like someone, Eliot."

He what?! A look of surprise filled his eyes. He was a little surprised. He most definitely hadn't expected that.

"Really? Who? And shouldn't you tell this to Hazel instead? I don't really know anyone outside of you two, so I'm not that much help." Now he was finally getting into his rule as wingman. But most importantly: "Are you sure you like them, or is it just a crush?"

"I think I like them." His face was red as a tomato they say that you make the characters based on yourself, and with this it's certainly true T•T) Eliot thought about it for a while. Processing all the very little but very much information.

He then asked. "M'kay. Are you planning on telling them?" Looking Juno in the eyes, because this was serious. (Well, I'm ace, I have no idea. But I think it might be... well here it is)

He breathed out. "...yes. I am."

"Want to tell me who it is?" He didn't want to push to much. Juno had been pushed enough in life. Just with the small fraction that Eliot had heard, he knew that he had suffered. But mentally, emotionally and physically.  Eliot couldn't stand to see his best friend suffer. He had suffered enough. He could only hope that this person that Juno liked wouldn't hurt him more. Gush, he hoped that it was a good person whom Juno liked. A lot of hope went through his mind, but most of all, he hoped that the person Juno liked, would like him back. He looked back at his friend, and Juno spoke:

"It's you Ellie. I like you."

There was a silence. ...Huh!? Wait, what? Juno... he... Juno liked him...? It was awkward. He was sure his face was pink with embarrassment. Juno was looking at him anticipating, waiting. Eliot just looked into the nothingness and blinked a couple of times. Feelings were confusing, maybe it was just a misunderstanding. Maybe Juno didn't actually like him like that, but was just really glad to have a friend like Eliot... "Wow... I didn't really expect that. Are you sure, Juno?"

He nodded. Juno had puppy eyes again. He had never thought anything of it before, but the fact that the brunette liked him, made some pulse pieces fall into place and made others come loose. Had they ever actually been friends?

"Um. I don't really know what to say" Eliot said awkwardly. "...Do you want us to date?"

Juno nodded.

Eliot didn't like Juno like that.

There was a silence again. But maybe for the sake of his best friend. Maybe he could help him?

Maybe he should help. He had never really done that before. He had never really helped him, had he? Did he not study natural sciences to help others? And maybe he should, it's Juno we're talking about. So he decided to do it for his friend. His friends were the most important people, and he had no intention of ruining that. So he answered Juno. "Okay... I guess we could do that."

Juno smiled.

This was really happening. It was overwhelming, terrifying even. Juno actually liked him. It was like a bad dream. And he hope it would end soon.

(Sorry I've been pretty absent lately</3 I've just started school again. Now I'm on my first year of a kind of late high school/early college. It's different in my country, to the English speaking ones, so early college/late high school is probably the most precise I can get. I myself am thinking of studying the natural sciences, but I'm not sure what precisely yet. Well I have time. We have time. Have a lovely day all of you.)