|| 15 ||

Juno's pov:

In the evening, him and dad had watched a documentary together. It had been about space. Juno had tried to explain that that he could defiantly have been a space ace was it not for there not being any cake in spACE.

His dad had not understood it, even after explaining, but at least he had tried.

His dad had known that he was asexual for about a year now, after he had come out of the closet at diner. His father didn't quite understand what his asexuality was, but at least he wasn't against it.

He simply did not care.

Juno at time wondered if his dad even remembered his sexuality, at all, but he didn't dare ask. Mostly because it would be awkward, but also because he did not want he father to raise his voice at him, for assuming that he would forget.

So he let it be, like he always did.

The next day at school went by, with next to no complications. His first class had been history, the second had been canceled, the third had been math and the fourth one was social studies. He had spent his second class, catching up on the most urgent homework, that needed doing. With the party this evening, he didn't have that much time to study.

Tho, his time for studying had become increasingly smaller, since he spent a lot of time with Eliot, it was much more fun. At least they, sometimes, did homework when they were together.

He had also begun to understand more of his natural science subjects, thanks to Eliot, witch he was grateful for.

Social studies was one of the easier subjects. - Well to him it was. He liked that there wasn't  only one right answer, but that if you could justify your claim, it shoved that you could see things from a different angel, and that you would seem committed to the subject. Aka. getting a higher grade. And partly justifying why he was in the school council, to begin with.

At last, the school day was over. and Juno could breath more easily.

He had, in a break, been asked to stay and help with the decorations to the school party. He had agreed to it, because that was easier than letting others down and loosing their trust. The trust he had spent months building up. Hiding, what others might find annoying about him.

And he had invited Eliot for moral support. The brunette had been a little skeptical, being away from his safe environment (his home) for so long, but had agreed to it with the promise that they would stay together, and that he wouldn't leave him. That, Juno had promised.

Eliot had proposed that Juno could spend the night at his again, and that Eliot's mother could get them, when the party was over. Well more like; when Eliot was done with the party.

Juno had asked Eliot not to overexert himself. And he did listen, for half an hour, then he was up and going, and helped Juno decorate the ceiling and walls.

Others were setting up chairs and tables. Two teachers talked at the bar, making sure the alcohol stayed out of the students hands until the party actually began. It was nothing too strong, not shots and such, but bear, vine and breezers instead.

The teachers seemed in a good mood too. They showed much more of their real selves than he was used to, almost reminding him, that they have a live outside of school. Tho in cases, that often seemed unlikely.

Eliot took a breather a little before they all were finished. Juno had been quite surprised at how long Eliot actually had helped, given what had happened the last time Juno had overexerted his friend.

When they were finished tho, Juno came over to where Eliot sat, and sat himself down besides him.

"We're done now. What do you think?" Eliot looked at him fondly. His eyes reflecting the lights, hiding behind brown locks of hair.

"... Lovely."

(To the confused Americans out there: I'm from Europe. Drinking is weirdly common here. But at least we don't have bulletproof backpacks. Sry if this is disrespectful. But America is one of the only countries that have enough money to feed all of its population and choose not to do so.)