FIFTEEN

I was grateful that I had my best friends with me again

I was grateful that I had my best friends with me again. We've spent the last couple of weeks getting together and having sleepovers at each other's houses.

But I was not happy that I had finals to do. I groaned as my last brain cell wasn't cooperating with me.

"Are you okay?" Candy asked as Ariel draped his arm around her shoulders.

"No," I grumbled, "stupid locker isn't working."

Ariel let go of Candy and pushed me aside. He twisted the nob, and within seconds, my locker opened.

"What the hell?" I questioned reality, "how did you do that?"

Ariel took his place beside Candy. "You were skipping it twice, and at this point, I memorized your locker combo at how many times you've tried."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, Einstein. Thanks."

Ariel shook his head as he chuckled. "You're welcome, Mrs. Styles."

I gasped, and Candy laughed. "Shut up!"

But Ariel ignored me, kissed Candy's forehead, and walked away. I grabbed my lunch and shut my locker door, annoyed and embarrassed for many reasons. One of them was that Ariel still remembered my Harry Styles phase, where I jokingly called myself Mrs. Styles because that's how deep my obsession was with One Direction.

After two years, I was still upset that they had broken up.

~ * ~

"Free at last!" Lily exclaimed with a cry. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic antics. I watched as Joel shook his head with a smile. Lily turned her attention to Joel, and he stopped smiling. "But you're lucky," she grumbled, "you graduating next week."

He ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, Liliana," he laughed, "what're two more years?"

She swatted his hands and crossed her arms. "Too long."

I was leaning against the lockers when I spotted Diana watching us from the corner of my eye.

I pushed myself upright. "Hey," I called out, "Diana. Come over here."

Lily stopped pocking fun at my brother and watched as Diana walked towards us.

"Hi," Lily smiled, "how are you?"

Diana shrugged, "I'm fine. Just came back from the bathroom," she chuckled. Candy furrowed her brows in confusion, and Diana noticed. "I skipped P.E.," she said in a duh tone.

"Wait," I frowned, "You skipped you're P.E. final."

"Yup," she smiled like it was something to be proud of. "I didn't want to run the mile. Plus," she shrugged, "I wasn't going to pass the class anyways."

Joel raised an eyebrow, "How can you fail P.E.? It's one of the easiest classes to pass. All you have to do is show up."

I watched as Diana stared at my brother for a second too long, and her face went crimson, and she tried to shrug it off with, "Well, I didn't. Ms. Jenson hates me."