EPILOGUE

Five Years Later

Five Years Later

It was the last few days of the year of twenty-twenty-four, and Nina couldn't wait to go back home to see her entire family after not seeing them for six months. Nina looked different from what she did when she was in high school. Obviously, but there was some part of her that stayed the same when she was a teenager. At the age of twenty-three, Nina finished University, got her first car, and her own apartment.

Nina looked towards the street. The house in which her not-anymore-boyfriend lived. She smiled sadly as she watched a pregnant woman entering the house with a toddler waddling by her side.

The streetlight turned on from afar and noticed that it was snowing. She looked back down and opened the trunk of her brand-new car. Well, new to her, but it was in pretty good shape being a model from two-thousand-seventeen. She grabbed her duffle bag and shut it.

She looked up and dark blue eyes stared back at her. Nina smiled, and Lucas smiled back.

"Hey," she said as she tucked a strand of her brown hair.

Lucas walked around the car with his own small suitcase. "You okay?" Lucas asked as worry laced his tone.

Nina nodded. "Yeah, just feeling a bit nostalgic." She then nibbled on her chapped bottom lip. "And nervous."

Lucas sighed as a short laugh escaped his lips. "Yeah, me too." Lucas reached towards Nina's left hand and kissed her knuckles. Nina couldn't help but giggle as his stubble tickled her. She held out her hand and smiled at the gold band with a beautiful diamond on her ring finger.

Nina smiled back when Lucas proposed just a few days ago on Christmas in their apartment. She still couldn't believe that it was happening. After five years together, they were going to be married.

"You ready to go?" Nina teased.

Lucas nodded and started walking up the steps. "Ready than ever."

Nina knocked on the door, and she was met with Elena, Nina's older sister. Elena smiled and hugged them both.

Nina and Lucas entered, and later that evening when everyone was settled. They told the news of their engagement.

Nina was right. Stars shined brightly that night. Maybe their story was written in the stars and was meant to be shared. No one knows.

 No one knows

The End...