1

Fate was a cruel mistress.

So you decided to think you should fuck her over. To hell with gods who try to put their clammy hands onto your quiet life!

You died.

More specifically, dying after sacrificing yourself to save everyone. You knew no one would kindly react to your honorable death, especially your lover, Kim Rok Soo.

Your life on earth wasn't always been great, to be honest it was downright hell on earth.

Earth, a place that was once a planet full of life was tainted with bloodstains of the innocent and monsters.

Life wasn't kind to you, scavenging the streets of South Korea as a street child. To getting adopted by a man with face full of scars and becoming his right hand man for the mafia.

Now suddenly all hell breaks loose when those things showed up.

All your life you had to fight and survive.

'And that's all I know, surviving is all I know '

That was til you met the love of your life. Your lovely husband, Kim Rok Soo.

You closes your eyes, full of nostalgic memories as you sigh. But not now's the time to be reminiscing!

Well you did died but somehow you lived. Turns out a cosmic being felt strong pity for you for the past few lifetimes because all your soul experienced throughout was pain, anguish and dying a horrible fate. When it wasn't supposed to be like that!

The cosmic god was fuming,

"how dare those mangy mutts touch the sacred threads of fate of my souls?! ESPECIALLY MY MOST BELOVED RED STRINGS"

The god screech in fury, but it was funny. The being took of a form of a cute bat flapping around you in a very loving looking manner.

You always loved bats, no matter what other people say. They never harm humans and their cute little faces are so hard to resist. Maybe that's why it turned into your favorite animal.

To appear harmless,to lower your guard.

"Um God-nim?"

"ah yes, yes my child?"

"what happens to me?"

your voice slightly quivers, your relaxed persona slightly chipping away. You used to not care, if death comes knocking on your door but it's different now, your have a family. People to look after and you have so much more to lose.

Breathe hitches on that realization. Eyes began to shake as your legs feel like it's giving out.

to your life-your family you found- the allies you've gained, the things you have made with your blood and sweat only to be ruined- what happens to him? to Rok Soo? Please please he can't experience another pain in his life, you vowed, he vowed and now- nonononopleasepleaseplease

"my child, breathe"

The god nudges themselves onto your cheek as you felt warm light began to swarm your body, effectively calming you down.