6

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE LOTCF NOVEL‼️‼️‼️(I forgot how exactly it went down in the novel so bare with me 😭😭)

There were times you blamed yourself. For the times all the things that used to go wrong. Before, you didn't have the luxury to think. All you did was move. Move till your body breaks so you could just survive.

Life wasn't easy and suddenly it was. Because it had him in it. There were three times when you met Kim Rok Soo till you actually properly met.

The first time was when Kim Rok Soo's parents died. He was outside where the funeral was being held and you were rummaging the trash cans for food. He offered you some and you ate it without question.

He stared at you and asked,

"Where do you get the strength to live?"

"Because"

You paused as you continued to stuff your face with food.

"I want to have my happy ending"

There was a beat.

"like those stories?"

"mhm, I saw it on the giant board saying I'll reach it so I wanna see it to the end"

"What if it isn't happy?"

"Then I hope someone would reach it for me"

Was all you said, carelessly saying anything because you were too hungry to think. Not noticing you changed something within the young boy.

You finished eating, licking your fingers and brushing it off with your dirty clothes. You began to stand up.

"H-hey where are you going?"

You stopped walking away from him. You turn your back to look at him like he was stupid.

"Look more food so I won't die. Thank you for the food"

"Ah alright, goodbye"

"Hope you become the master of you life kid"

Was all you said to him, surprisingly giving him some words of encouragement. You shouldn't be here cheering up random kids when you could look for more food to eat. You disappeared in the alleways.

The second time was when you went out to eat some food in a family owned restaurant with a group of people who work directly under you.

Blending in with the group as co-workers in some company was easy. Talking about business when in actually they were in code and discussing something within the group.

As you excused yourself to the bathroom. You hurriedly speed up the bathroom accidentally hitting a worker in the shoulder- the person appears to be the same age as you carrying what appears to be boxes.

"Sorry about th-"

You tried to apologize but he speaked up, beating you to it. As you open your mouth to say something, you saw something from your peripheral vision.

You instantly grabbed the person and immediately hid together with him. The ground continued to rumble, making the surrounding area shake and the building started to collapse.

Successfully burying under the rubble with a random stranger, great. You immediately began to undust yourself and lent a hand to the person you saved.

He coughed from the dust accumulated from the disaster and began to undust himself. As you looked around, covered in collapsed walls and buildings around you

You looked up to see the person- a man. Taking off the apron around him as he ran a hand through his finger.

"What the fuck just happened"

"I don't know, but we should try our best to survive whatever this is"

Ah yes, surviving. It is something you and Kim Rok Soo are so well used to. This won't be much different but something much bigger which wasn't that hard. Atleast that's what you convinced yourself to think

And the last one was when you were brought to the medical ward from taking on and fighting the monsters majority by yourself and you see- Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi  Jung Soo hot on his trails worrying about his injuries.

His eyes met yours, he looked at you for a second until it clicked. His look of slight confusion turned into recognition.

He knew you, he remembered you. His footsteps can be heard as he walked the marble floor on to you and the rest was history.

Two people who were haunted by their past and scars of the present. But somehow, they found love in a world full of ruin. He made you believe that there was something good in your life. He may be the only good thing in yours if your being honest.

By the stars, you are still hopelessly still inlove with him.

You could always recognize him. Even in another world, in a different body you always knew it was him.

This longing for him only grew as the years go by. After you died in Earth your soul was collected by Clover-nim to be revived. Training under him and then finally arriving to this new world where your husband was.

You were now known as Yvonne [Name] Stan. You were added to the family registration by your cousin- after he convinced you. Yes you, that you were his cousin by some magic device he got from the Mage's Tower. Usually it's the opposite but oh well.

You are now nobility starting today. You told Taylor that you wanted to keep your name alongside the original owner as an apology.

If you can't be here to return to your rightful place, I shall let your name be added here then maybe your soul will be at peace.

You tried to convince him, your really did. You told him how you enjoyed the normal life. But the man refused to budge, for a person with a gentle personality he was very much stubborn as a mule.

He simply smiled and told you he won't restrict anything you do. That you had the freedom to leave and return any time you wish you as long as I become a "Stan". Meaning anything he owns will be yours, which means also having some of his assets.

Damn, maybe he is still pretty guilty about the execution of Yvonne's family. Well you aren't the type to look a gift horse in the mouth.

You accepted it albeit with hesitance. Maybe it's time for a change of scenery.

Sorry Clover-nim! but I'll be having my leave of absence starting today.

You thought as you quietly enjoyed some tea and pastries at the garden, lazily reading a book. When you noticed to see someone wearing all black, accompanying your cousin.

"Ah!"

You remembered, it was her dear cousin's closest friend and confidant- an ex- priestess of the God of Death.

They were laughing but the woman stopped and looked directly towards your direction.

ah shit

You forgot one extreme detail. Even if she was ex-communicated she is still loved by the god of death.

I'm also a priestess.

The quiet life of being a no named priestess was already in jeopardy the second you stepped into this estate.

I'm so fucking stupid

last chapter since I won't be back in a few months