7

Maybe it's because you're getting comfortable. Or the fact you are getting rusty with your skills.

Back on earth, you were known as a blood crazy Team Leader who would take on multiple monsters with your sheer strength. Slicing them and even crushing them with your weapon of choice.

It's been a long time since you polished your strength and skills after three years of doing nothing but relaxing.

Maybe you should practice once in while sometime.

Cage, the woman who Taylor Stan considers as a close friend continues to stare at you. Your cousin notices and begins to walk in your direction.

The two maids who were attending you immediately lowered their heads and began serving the two, preparing extra tea cups and feeling it in with tea.

Taylor nodded his head in recognition of your presence and let yourself smile and be at ease.

You don't know much of the ex-priestess other besides being close friends with Taylor Stan.

"Ah cousin, taking in the view of the garde are we?"

He asks, casually starting the small talk. His best friend casually checked the teacup, she pushed it aside and signalled the maid to approach. She obeyed and her cousin's guest said,

"Can you get me some alcohol? tea's not my thing"

"Ah! right away Miss Cage"

The maid then scurried away to head for the cellar, probably to get some booze. You silently chuckled at her antics.

It reminds you of the drinking sessions you had with everyone back on Earth.

She notices you chuckling and you regained your composure. Lightly smiling at her.

"Ah yes! it's absolutely gorgeous" you praised the scenery looking around as if you didn't have the feeling to jump off and climb the walls to escape the impending doom.

You decided to address the priestess, directly looking her and your cousin notices.

"Ah, I forgot to introduce my dear friend to you Yvonne"

You stand up and curtsied to her as a sign of respect. She also stands up and  bowed her head slightly, putting an arm on her upper body.

"Cage, this is my cousin Yvonne. Yvonne, this is one of my closest friends and my very best friend"

Taylor beams, then proceeds to tell Cage the tell of how he was searching for one of the few surviving family members from the second family.

You told them how you survived the streets of Rain City and decided to live. So a kind person (ehem god-) helped you survived and taught to distinguish between herbs and became a herbalist for living.

Cage, who was patiently listening to you talk. Even if you stutter out a few words here and there Taylor would look at you encouragingly, making you more and more talk.

For the past few days you arrived at the estate, you were quiet and shy. He expects it, after all the Yvonne he met as a child was also like that. Despite the second family related to the Stan Family, they didn't uphold the same sadistic tendencies the family had.

His uncle, Yvonne's father was a nice man. His wife too, they along their child Yvonne was an assigned playmate to him and her father was one of his family's vassals.

But due to an incident, a human trafficking ring was discovered and the blame was pointed to her family. As a child, he believed the accusations but after a few years after being crippled by his own family he dugged up the horrid things his family has done. Especially the part where they placed the blame at your innocent family.