10

As his eyes met yours, you noticed he was wobbling. His pupils unfocused and were about to pass out. At the spur of the moment, you send a small soothing spell to calm him down with a flick of your finger.

Thank the heavens that Clover-nim forced you to study your profound powers as a saintess.

After immediately healing him, a dark haired man and an old looking butler immediately ran to his side to inspect him. As he was being fussed over you immediately ducked and slithered away from the crowd, abandoning your glass of champagne.

While trying to get away, you cleverly stole a bottle of wine and immediately went to one of the balconies to hide.

You breathe in the fresh cool air and close the door right behind you. You slid down the door, your legs feeling heavy making you unable to get up.

"that was a close one"

You heaved out between breaths. You forgot just as he was gorgeous, he was also a very scary clever man.

You were a capable type of person back in the days on Earth. You were clear on your intentions and he liked that about you. To the others within the group would tell you how he was cold, calculating and serious.

You couldn't deny it was true but underneath all that, he was just a broken man who experienced hardships, and used his guard up to protect his heart.

Despite what they say, you guys started out as acquaintances. Meeting each other pretty often at the infirmary for the same reasons. Made small talk and became friends and eventually turned to something more.

He would open up to you about his past and you revealed yours. You could say that night was filled with lots of reassurance, hugs, physical affection and tubs of ice cream.

A man like him could definitely tell who you are from a mile away.

He always knew.

And that scared you.

After the deaths of his friends, he grew distant. He was still there, but he came home later, would overwork yet you still treated him the same as always.

You understand he was grieving and he deserved to, so you gave him time. But who would've thought that time was limited as your body collapsed and impaled as you quietly drifted off and died.

He already lost so much and then you decided to added more of it. You promised to be there and yet you can't even fulfill your marriage vows to him. Call it unreasonable but at times you would blame yourself.

That he was suffering and now you and him could be together again yet for the past few years you didn't approach him.

You cracked open the corkscrew and began to drank directly on the wine bottle.

Maybe this is a self-inflicted punishment for yourself. He deserves some better, someone who isn't you in this lifetime.

You care his happiness above all and you don't care what happens with yours. He can live the life he should have and yet the mere thought of him with someone else, a stab in your chest sprang within.

You immediately stood up as you slap yourself. Leaning on the terrace as you bask in the moonlight.

You repeat that thought as you continued to gobble down the wine bottle. Blankly staring at the Royal garden below. It wasn't high up but if a normal person jumps down they'll break a bone but of someone with skills like you could make it down you'd land safely.

You noticed the music changed from inside and that time already passed by from the dramatic entrance of Cale Henituse and his family.

"Ah, I didn't noticed one of the balconies were preoccupied"