3

let me come home,
home, is whenever I'm with you

Roan Kingdom, that was what fate revealed to you where your husband was.

Yet, you never went and seek him out.
Ever since you arrived three years ago into this world, you arrived into the body of a young woman named Yvonne.

An orphan, no family nor friends. The original owner was a fallen noble family after being used as an scapegoat for the corrupted nobles. The father died protecting them and her mother died from the cold streets from the winter ice.

So instead of looking for a job somewhere in Rain City, you decided to live a quiet life out of the crowds and build a cottage somewhere in a forest.

You do love him, truly. But was it worth it? he saw you die right in front of him, he watched as your body collapsed, blood was gushing out of your body until you gave out your final breath.

Maybe it's because you love him enough to let him enjoy his new life. The promise of staying together might not be possible anymore.

You watched him from becoming a trash to a commander, creating allies, making an alliance with all the
countries to destroy a common enemy.

Like a bright star who shine amidst in the battle. Despite him saying he hates tedious things such as fame and recognition, it looked good for him.

Ah, life is a bit kinder to Kim Rok Soo here. Maybe we should live separate lives from now on. 

You love him enough to let him go. And besides, fate was on your side. You and him will always find your way back to each other's arms.

You'll find each other eventually.

But for now, returning to your home is a much more ideal thing for you to do. You much more work to do.

You continue to walk your way back to your home in a small village in between the Duchess Syere Estate and the Whipper Kingdom.

Yours was stationed somewhere far away, disguised under multiple trees in the dense forest.

A small cottage stood, covered with vines, mushrooms growing out of  the cracks of the roof. A garden full of plants and flower beds decorated the porch.

You didn't use any magical devices to hide away your home, after all hiding in plain sight is better.

"Ah morning Herbalist-nim!"

Your local friend, Jessie greeted. After saving her son from a high fever using your medicinal knowledge you became well acquainted with the woman.

"Good morning Miss Jessie, how is Jael faring?"

With a basket in hand she smiles widely and walks towards you.

"Ah! all he could talk to me was the plants from the book you gave him"

She laughed out, making a nice sound. Laughter is your second favorite thing you hear people being the first is your husband's voice.

To these people, you are nothing but a normal herbalist. Who lives far away in the woods who somewhat became a local doctor in the village.

"That is great to hear Miss Jessie, I'm glad he has taken an interest on herbs"

"Ah, I almost forgot! here, this is some of the extra muffins me and Jael made from the recipe book we had purchased from you"

Ever since you received all the access in the library of the God of Destiny, you began to read and share basic knowledge to help the local people.

You tried giving it to her but refused to take it until she paid for it, saying that saving her son and giving him a free book is already too much. Especially after you gave him the book about plants.