12

To be honest, you don't fully digest what just happened. You had an objective, clear out the threads and run back home. Pretty easy right?

But now you are being dragged by the man you once called a husband. He holds your hand, not in a way too tight but enough to not let yourself to pry off and escape his grasp

You inwardly sighed at his action, he always used to do this while you were being too stubborn for your own good. You only let yourself be dragged by him and you just let yourself continue to stare at the back of his head.

He leads you to the garden, away from the bustling and loud party. The noise from the party were slowly getting farther and farther.

Once you both reached the tall bushes of roses and tulips where in the middle lies a magnificent fountain carved what appears to be white marble. Wordlessly, he grabs both of your shoulders and plops you to sit at the foot of the fountain .

"wah!"

You yelped out from surprise. He then walks around, obviously looking for something. You were about to stand up and ask him what he was looking for when he gave you a pointed look.

"Stay"

That word alone could hold two meanings. Did he mean stay as in stay put? or did he mean something else..?

Cale gave up looking around the fountain and checks his pockets; takes out something from his suit, which was a tiny container. He knelt, as you were raising an eyebrow the man calmly held your feet and applied the salve on your bruised feet.

It was quiet, only the rustling of the leaves against the wind and the small howling of the wind can be heard between the two of you.

The silence wasn't uncomfortable as you thought it would be. But it was full of silent questions that was left unanswered as you both continued to share this quiet encounter.

Since when were you here? How?
When? Why run away from me? you knew me at first glance yet why stay away?

You did nothing but stare at the man. All these years, you dreamt of the day to be reunited with him and here he is. Right here beside you, tending to your wounds.

And suddenly you flashback to all the times you patched him back on Earth. His body heat radiating off on you as your hands work it's way around him.
It was the same comfortable silence they once shared, once upon a lifetime ago.

You were unable to take your eyes off of him. You were no poet, but his very existence reminds you of love letters and stolen glances.

He was like the strings of phrases intricately woven. But you feel mere words couldn't even fully grasp the mystery of the man you call your husband.

Cheesy as it sounds, loving him was the best thing you've done.

As he finished patching you up, you can feel his hands gently grasping yours. He rubs the back of your hands, still kneeling but not ever looking you in the eyes.

He could feel it, the heavy gaze of yours piercing him. If he ever looked at you right now, his heart wouldn't take it. He had only seen you within his memories and finally, you were here.

Then, he felt something drop at his hands. He finally looks up to see you with your eyes brimming with tears. Cale quickly held a hand out to your cheek and you lend into his touch.

"I have never more wanted to see you than I do now- just too look at you"

You let the tears fall down as you choke down a sob. His thumb quietly rubbed on your face as if to comfort you.