9

Cale Henituse, is many things. But a quitter? he is anything but.

He would admit, he would deliberately go out of his way to ignore trouble but if it is facing him head-on he will out smart the enemy one way or another.

That's what it always has been.

But lately, he is more prone to being much more distant these days. Despite the young children distracting him, all he did was give them a small smile and once again would stare at the distance longingly.

They could all notice something was amidst.

And ever since after the day he cried, he became even more distant than before. Making all of them worried.

He would murmur something against the wind. Caress something as if it was there and he would deny it, deny that he was missing something- someone.

But luckily, the ball that the Emperor is throwing tonight would be a great distraction for the human.

Everyone, including the black dragon were excited. Ready to cheer up and help their dear human out of the gutters and relax.

Lately, Cale couldn't exactly concentrate. He became restless and he doesn't know why.

His mind argues however,  he does know but rather pretends it doesn't exist. The ancient powers inside of him are also getting worried. They had been more quiet lately, letting him to his thoughts and hiding back at some corner of his mind somewhere. Talking about him probably.

He thought he had moved on, that his life from being Kim Rok Soo is now completely abandoned. But he could abandon all except you.

His namesake doesn't hold much power unless you spoke of it. The name doesn't bear weight unless yours was tied to him, his wife.

Mrs. Kim.

[Name].

Even in this new life he couldn't forget you. He literally can't but if he did have the ability to do so, he would much rather be haunted by the thoughts of you. Anything, even as a glimpse.

Like a desperate man on middle of a desert, he whispers your name like you were an oasis.

It didn't appear much when he first arrived but why now?

Why of all times?

You're dead.

And he accepted that, remembering to himself all good things must come to an end. But he pushed on, he lived because that was your final wish for him.

You would've wanted him to be happy but he couldn't.

Not without you.

But it's meaningless, to hold on to the dead. To the ghosts of the past, he will continue to cherish those who are still here.

He looks at the small crowd of his family looking dressed up and excited for the party. It was rather troublesome but for them he would manage.

They were rather uneasy ever since the sudden outburst. Cale might be confused at times with the sudden atmosphere he would create but he is fully aware they were ready to bombard him with questions.

With everyone ready, they immediately teleported to the Imperial Palace fashionably late.

All of them stood back, waiting for him to lead them all to the party being which was behind the very door he stood.

With a troubled sigh, the doorsmen opened the huge door and announced their arrival. Earning stares and awed gasps from the crowd below.

The others were visible excited. Even if there were celebrations bigger than this one, they were much more excited now ever since a certain bastard is dead along with his allies.