Part 8

Jennie returned back to the mansion passing by their guests who were leaving and thanked them for coming. She walked further into their private living room to see the other members lounging lazily on the couch. She shook her head when she saw Rose already had a popcorn bowl beside her. The silver hair girl was greedily munching on it as if she didn't have dinner just mere 2 hours ago.

Lisa was lying with her head on Jisoo's lap while mouthing the words on the movie playing on the screen.

"Did you guys start without me?"

Everyone stopped moving. Silence except for the movie sound.

Jisoo pointed to the younger girl on her lap. "Asked her."

"But.. Nini..you're taking too long..." Lisa whines.

"Fine..I'll just let you guys enjoy it then." She rolled her eyes.

She then walked towards her bedroom planning to change and just go to sleep. If she was being honest with herself, she felt a little hurt by Lisa's action. She shouldn't feel excluded but she can't help what she feels. After getting into her pajamas, she spent the next half an hour going through her work email when she received a text from Jisoo.

Chu: U better come out. Our maknae are not happy.

Mandu: I got work chu.

Chu: It's still her birthday. We promised no work.

Urghhh that's right. She switched off her laptop and made her way back to the living room. She watched Lisa sit at the other end of the sofa pouting while Jisoo and Rosie continued watching the movie ignoring her.

Jennie sat beside the younger girl and patted her knees.

"I'm here."

Lisa continues ignoring her.

"What is it this time?" Jennie sighed.

"You promised that no work tonight and you'll join our movie night!" Lisa said in an angry tone.

"I'm here aren't I?"

"Well you didn't really want to! You just want to do work."

"Lili, I'm here and that means I want to be here."

"Nuh uh."

"Uh uh." Jennie retorted back.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"Nope.."

"Ya uh."

"Don't copy me!"

"I did not copy you!" Jennie repeated with a smile on her face.

"Urgh.." Lisa huffed as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Rose and Jisoo just laughed out loud at the two. They know Jennie can handle Lisa.

"This is much more entertaining than the movie." Jisoo spoke loudly.

Jennie chuckled as she leaned against the pouting girl and stroked her hair.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I thought you didn't want me here. But I'm here. Come on. Who wants cuddles?" Jennie offered.

Lisa sighed as if the movement painfully burdenning her before she leaned back against Jennie's opened arms. Jennie pulled and hugged her closer, putting her arm around her waist.

"I always want you here with me." She heard Lisa whisper under her breath.

She then took Lisa's hand in hers and started to rub the soft skin behind it. She felt Lisa took a calmer breath as she relaxed against her. Few minutes later she smiled as she felt Lisa's body vibrate with laughter at the scene in the movie. Crisis averted. But it didn't last long.