Part 12 - Triggering past

If you get to know the members in highschool, you will know that Jennie was not always this cold people person that she always showed to the others on a daily basis. With exceptions from Lisa's nearly catastrophic accidents a few years back, that mellowed down the younger girl's behavior, the other three members are more or less the same as they were in highschool.

Jisoo as usual her leadership potential started early on, she was already selected as the school president based on her own merits on their 2nd year in school. Rosie charmed the teachers and students with her smile and kindness, collecting followers everywhere she goes while Lisa just barely tolerated it. You usually will find her sleeping in class or just missing from it altogether.

Jennie though was the nerd of the group. She hardly participates in social activities other than those required of her. She felt shy in front of strangers and her introverted self always took over whenever she was alone hence she preferred to stay in the library whenever she had free time between classes. Most of the time Lisa even joined her because it was the only quiet place she found that she could sleep in peace. The four of them have been together and have been inseparable since primary school but when Jennie's parents suddenly decided to go back to Korea to set up their new company in the middle of her junior year, that's when everything changed.

She felt someone bumped onto her back making her lose her grip on her books and slammed onto the locker. Mind you, even though they were in elite private school, the students here she realized, were not above bullying. She's already familiar with their spoiled brat attitude. Lisa is one. The only difference is that Lisa hardly made it known to those who didn't deserve it. Between the three of them, they could try to control Lisa's behavior or minimize the impact.

Jennie turned to face her attacker. She raised her eyebrows when she saw CL smirking back at her with her other two loyal posse. The girls in front of her were in their senior year and CL's dad owns the schools which seemed the reason why she thought it was a good idea to mess with Jennie since she started her studies here 4 months ago. Since she's alone and on her own for the first time, it's a new territory for her so she decided to handle it carefully.

She's not as forward and outspoken as her other members, therefore it may be the reason why the students here thought she was an easy picking. This was not the first time she was being bullied and she knows it will not be the last. She never retaliates as she knows it will just get worse. Also, she never tells her other members about what happened and just pretends that's everything fine.

"What do you want now?" Jennie grumbled out.

CL pushed her shoulder hard onto the lockers.

"What the heck! Mind your words, bitch! This is Korea and you better mind your words when you talk to your seniors!" CL shouted back.

Before Jennie could retort back CL just slapped her hard on her cheeks.

"That'll teach you to mind your words next time. You better be watching where you are going. We don't want you to stumble down the stairs and sprained your ankle again, right?" She warned before she walked away.

Jennie felt the stares of the other students in the hallway. Her cheeks burn up red from pain and embarrassment. She felt the start of tears however she held it in and just squatted down to pick up her book. That's when another student, Kai, the captain of their football team, passed by and kicked her books away from her reach before high fiving his friends and laughing.

"Shit...you're so clumsy! Leaving all this book on the floor!"

Jennie stood up in anger. Just as before, she didn't have the time to answer and reacted before she saw Kai throwing his big cup of soft drink onto her face. She was shocked at the splashed ice cold water on her face and felt the water seep into the front of her clothes. There were a few students giving her pitying looks while others just snickered and laughed at her wet clothes.