Chapter Five

Gabriella's P.O.V

I stood at the top of the stairs starring at my mom. She had her arms crossed, not giving up at all which was kind of unusual.

" why do I need to see that jackass?" I ask her, tapping my fingers against the banister. She sighs frustrated , running a hand through her blonde locks.

" because I'm your mother and I say so Gabriella! you have 30 minutes" She shouts walking away from the first step. I roll my eyes, stomping over to my room and slamming the door shut.

Of course my mom had to come home early. Of course she had to bring her boyfriend with her. I never met him and really don't want to. He's the guy who's taking my mom away from us. Does she honestly expect me to believe that she's there on business? Sure maybe the first 2 weeks but not for 2 freaking months.

" Gabs?" A knock on the door startles my train of thoughts. I sigh getting up and opening the door. Vincent is standing there, all dressed up. He walks inside immediately jumping onto the bed, playing with Hershey and Reeces.

" just go, I mean there's gonna be food" He smiles, rubbing the excited labs head. I sit down at my vanity, starting on my hair.  It was already curled from this morning, so I just twist it to the side, hairspraying it.

" don't expect me to be nice, to that bastard" I point a curler at him, as he just laughs.

' that's why I'm going, I mean your interrogations are really spot on" He laughed. I nodded my head remembering the time my mom bought her first boyfriend home.

" you scared him so badly , he literally ran away from the house"

" woah , he deserved it , that scumbag" I chuckle, re-curling some of the pieces of hair. Vince shakes his head, grabbing my phone.

I walk over to my closet and pull out a pretty dress. The top was a flowy mint color while the bottom was a lace skirt. Vince walks out of the room, shutting the door , as I quickly put the dress over my head.

" you can come in" I shout, as he re-enters this time jumping on my white bean bag chair. He smirks noticing we were matching. His shirt was a mint -white shirt. I put on my heels with a bow on the side and apply some lipgloss. My eye makeup was a bit dark with the eyeliner but still youthful looking.

" wear the necklace I gave you" He tells me, pointing to the blue stone hanging by the vanity. I grab it, putting it around my neck and clipping it. Surprisingly it's the same color as the top of my dress.

Ten minutes later I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for my mom. Vince was leaning against the door, dramatically sighing every few seconds. Our mom took forever to get dressed and it was sometimes really annoying.

" mom , hurry up! or were leaving without you" Vince yelled out, sliding down to the ground. I banged my head on the wall a few times, before she descended down the stairs.

" you guys are such drama queens" She huffed opening the door and walking out. I gave Vince a knowing look and walked out the door. He followed us, shutting the door behind him. We went over to her Range Rover and went to the backseat while Vince drove.

" he is such a sweetheart" She gushed going on and on about Paul her new boyfriend. I rolled my eyes, at her talking not wanting to hear anything.

" and do not , scare him away"

" well if he's a whimp then it won't be hard" I smiled, leaning against the black leather seat. Vince smirked at me, knowing if he said anything my mom would smack him.

" Gabriella, I mean it"

' whatever mom" I replied back, looking out the window. Buildings passed by as I waited for this whole night to be over. At first I made plans with Hunter to go out to the movies but since this came up, I had to cancel.