Chapter Thirteen

Gabriella's P.O.V

 Emma sat beside me as our teacher droned on and on about some kind of Italian family and all their drama. It was the period before lunch and everyone was dying to get out. Today seemed seemingly long which was a bad thing. Nobody knew that I had a date with Hunter tonight and we wanted to keep it that way.

Emma thought I was just on my period and wanted to stay home for the night. She didn't mind since Vince was taking her out somewhere. They were slowly patching everything up and becoming a better couple. This time staying protected.

" jeez this woman is boring" Emma huffed laying her head on the table. I nodded agreeing 100%, our teacher loved to talk about things that never mattered. Never did we have a fun class where someone was actually interested.

" why did you put makeup on your neck?" Emma questioned poking the side of my neck with her pen. I bit my lip trying to come up with something. In reality Hunter left some marks and it was difficult covering the things up.

" you know I'm allergic to coconut yeah well I by accident ate this Spanish candy that apparently had coconut and some irritated spots oocured" I told her with a small smile. She looked at me for a bit before turning away.

' okay , anyways Mike was wondering if we could help Friday afternoon so were gonna go to his house straight after and just change there"

" sounds good" I smiled, starring at the round clock on the wall. Two more minutes. Until I'm supposed to meet Hunter on the field , which is locked up today due to cleaning. But he has the key so we could get in easily.

 Once the bell rang I quickly hugged Emma and ran out the door. It usually took a few seconds for everyone to get out of the classes so I ran over to the staircase. It led to the guys locker room and no one was supposed to use it unless it was the coach. Once safely inside, I walked through the dozens lockers and past the coaches offices. Finally at the corner Hunter stood there, beside him a picnic basket.

He looked up grinning, and walked over slowly. I smiled , standing on my tippy toes and kissing him lightly.

" hi" I grinned taking a small step back. His hand found mine, as we made our way out into the field. It was freshly cut and the bleachers cleaned.

" how did you get permission for this?" I asked sitting down on the red blanket he set up.

" being the star soccer player has its perks besides the coach loves you like an annoying daughter, his words not mine" Hunter laughed setting the wooden basket beside us. He grabbed some strawberries and some chocolate.

" where are we going later"

" it's a surprise" He grinned taking one of the strawberries and handing it to me. I took it , taking a bite it was juicy and the chocolate made it better.

" thats not fair" I whined, giving him a small pout. He leaned over, placing his lips on mine for a few seconds , until a small smile made its way across my lips.

" mmm, sweet" He chuckled licking his lips from any chocolate. I rolled my eyes taking another one and talking about Mikes party. We continued with the lunch until the bell rang which signalled his soccer practice.

" see you later sweetheart" He kissed me once more before I left through a side entrance. I set the basket near his car and opened it with the keys he gave me.

~~

 A few hours later I'm sitting on the couch with Emma and Shaylee beside me. Both had dates tonight and were dressed up nicely. They were going over to the city, Times Square and staying at a hotel. Meanwhile I was staying home, waiting for my mom to get home. That's what they thought, but right after they leave, I'm getting ready for the date with Hunter.