Chapter 4: The Party

When Kagome got home, she greeted Bulma and the boys and went to her room to change and start on her homework. When she was done doing her homework, she took her hoodie with her before leaving the Capsule Corp. She also remembered that she was invited to Videl's house because of the party.

"Bulma, I'm going to the party at Videl's house," Kagome called out for her, hoping Bulma can hear her clearly.

"The party, huh? Video's house? Oh, honey. You really don't want to stay all night, don't ya?" Bulma said, her hands placed on her hips.

"Don't worry, Bulma. I'll come at nine. Even though, I'm not into parties, anyway. Even if it gets boring, I'll just come home and sleep in before going back to school." Kagome replied.

Bulma smiled at her. "I understand, honey. Well, if you don't feel like partying, you can call me on my cell, and then I'll come to pick you up." With that, she gave Kagome her phone number.

"Thanks, Bulma. I still have my cell phone with me." Kagome said with a kind smile.

"You're welcome, Kags." After that, she watched Kagome leave the house before going to Videl's house. Vegetal appeared as he couldn't help himself but speak.

"Didn't you tell her that Gohan and Videl are broken up?" Vegeta asked with arms crossed across his strong chest.

She hummed at this, "I don't know, but she probably knew about this. Maybe she knew Videl was dating another man."

"I hope this Kagome will be the right girl for Gohan," Vegetal said.

She spun around and faced him with a confused look, "What do you mean, Vegeta?"

"Like I said before, Bulma: I hope this Kagome will be the right girl for Gohan. To me, she looked cute and she will be the right mate for him. However, we Saiyans have been searching for mates who are strong, feisty, and kind for a long time." Vegeta said.

She smiled, sighing at this. "Maybe you're right, Vegeta. I hope Gohan and Kagome will get along when their relationship begins."

***

When Kagome arrived at the party, she entered Videl's house and found her friends, Angela and Erase, who were waiting for her at the party. She smiled at this as she walked towards them. She waved at them hello.

"Welcome to the party, Kagome. I bet you'll be having fun here." Angela said happily.

"Yeah, I just made it in time," Kagome said, smiling at her. Then she began to look around while searching for someone, "Say, where are Videl, Sharpner, and Gohan?"

"Gohan will be here for a minute. Also, Videl... Well, she, uh..." Erase said, sounding a bit embarrassed when she was about to say.

"Hooking around with Sharpner? Of course, she is. I figured she wants to bang with him before Gohan shows up." Kagome guessed that with a look.

"So you knew?" Angela asked with a surprised look.

"Yes, I knew all along. I heard Gohan and Videl arguing about their breakups and how she cheated on him with Sharpner, so I didn't want to interrupt them. However, Gohan deserves happiness more than being with Videl." Kagome said with a struggle.

"You were right. Gohan deserves happiness more than being with Videl. I don't understand why she would do horrible things to him." Erase said, sounding not happy about what her supposed friend Videl has done.

Angela smiled at Kagome and said, "In that case, I bet you and Gohan could get along once he arrives."

"Eh!? Me and Gohan!? No way! I'm sure as hell ain't dating a guy! He'll probably be worrying if I did the same thing to him as Videl did." Kagome laughed out with a sweatdrop, rubbing the back of her head.