Chapter 9: A Date Part 1

It has been a week since Kagome had been training with Gohan and Goten. She has been learning all the techniques Gohan has taught her. She also learned how to fly and use the ki blast. Well, she still has the spiritual power, anyways. She can able to purify the evil.

It was unfortunate that she didn't tell Gohan who she truly is: a girl who went traveled through time in the feudal and the reincarnation of Kikyo. Well, she rather not talk about it. Her life went perfectly when she had a new place to stay and was able to make new friends from Orange Star High School.

Right now, they had a week for the tournament to start when Kagome was leaving the school and ready to train with Gohan and Goten again.

Before leaving the school, Angela and Erasa came up to her immediately with excited smiles.

"Oh, hey, girls. I wasn't expecting you both to walk home with me." Kagome said.

"So how did it go with Gohan? You two have been two-timing for a week. Does that mean you two are dating yet?" Angela said, thrilled.

"No way! Like he would never ask me out on a date yet! We're still friends as usual!" Kagome said in embarrassment. Even if it was true, she would accept his offer by going out on a date. Who knows? Maybe she'll have to wait and see. She started to like Gohan a lot.

"Are you sure? You seem to like him a lot. I can see that in your face." Erasa traded her, pointing at her face.

"Pfft, no way! You don't know how I feel!" Kagome mumbled shyly, looking away from their faces.

"Maybe you should go out with him since you've been hanging out with him for a week!" Angela wailed excitedly, shaking Kagome's shoulders.

"Yeah, and that would be cute when you guys were together," Erasa agreed.

"Please, stop..." Kagome wailed, pleading with them, burning her face with her hands. "It's been almost a month since we've been friends, girls."

"Then ask him out! It would be great if you two would be dating." Angela pleaded with her.

"Besides, you've been lying to us all day about you and Gohan being friends. You can tell us the truth if you want to. We're your best friends, after all." Erasa said.

"Yeah! Tell us!"

She groaned. "Fine... I did like Gohan... a lot. More than friends, but I'm still afraid Videl will lash out at me by going on a date with her ex. I'm worried something will happen when Gohan and I were dating."

"Kags, we told you this before: who cares what Videl will do? Nothing can stop you from dating Gohan. She'll get it over with." Erasa told her.

"Yeah, and after all, Videl has been cheating on Gohan with Sharpner behind his back all the time," Angela said rolling her eyes.

"And Gohan doesn't deserve to be with Videl," Erasa said.

Kagome gazed at them nervously. "Should I?"

"Trust us. Gohan has been dating before right before Videl has cheated on him. He's very nice and he would love to go out with you." Angela replied.

She sighed in defeat. "I guess I should do it then. Because this will be my first date with him."

"Oh! Here comes Gohan!" Angela said, pointing at Gohan who came out of the entrance door.

"Go on! Ask him out!" Erasa said, shoving Kagome towards him.

Kagome was in a nervous wreck as she trembled a bit in fear. Oooooooohhhh shhhhhhhhit... She thought in slow motion, now facing Gohan who finally faced back.

"Hey, Kagome!" Gohan greeted her happily.

"Oh, um... hi, Gohan..." Kagome greeted him back nervously. She was still nervous about asking him out. Even if she did ask him out, Videl will bring her to the death. If she didn't ask him out, then Thank God Videl didn't come here to kill her.

When her face went redder and redder, Gohan noticed something was wrong with her. "Is anything okay, Kagome? Your face is getting red." Gohan asked, worried a bit.

"Um..." Kagome tried to speak up nervously.

"Are you sick?" Gohan asked, now getting worried.

"Oh, no! I'm not really sick. I wanted to ask you something." Kagome said, rubbing the back of her head.

"What is it?"

"Uhh... I know it's going to be weird, but would you like to... you know... uhh..." She will try to speak up until Gohan realized what she was trying to tell him.

"A date?" Gohan added.

"Yeah! A date! Maybe if you don't want to, that's fine." Kagome said, her face still blushing.

"No, I would love to. I went on a date with Videl before, but I would love to go out with you. It was nice knowing you since we've been at high school for almost a month." Gohan said, chuckling.

"Really? So that's a yes?"

He nodded. "Yeah." Gohan replied, "Is Saturday okay? I can take you somewhere place if you want me to."

"Sure. I would love that." Kagome said, now smiling at him.

"Okay, see ya! I will pick you up around seven in the noon!" Gohan waved her goodbye before heading home.

Kagome gasped, feeling happy now. Her face went dark red. Then Angela and Erasa came up to her and asked her curiously, "Well?" They asked her.

"He said yes!" Kagome shrieked happily. She hugged the two of her best friend and started to celebrate.

What they didn't know was Videl who has been watching over them this whole time when she finds out that Kagome literally had asked Gohan on a date. That was when her eyes blazed in fury, rising with jealousy.