#49 It's time

Daisy is pressed against the shower glass. Nate pounds her from behind while holding onto the towel rack above. She doesn't know how much time has passed. How many times he had taken her. How deep and red her mark is. All she knows is it's far from enough. They can't seem to stop.

Daisy listens to the slippery, streaky, sounds of their wet bodies, rubbing against each other and the wet glass.

Nate bites her neck while coming inside her. Both her heart and body feels warm. Nate grabs her tight and licks her scar.

When a call takes Nate away, Daisy finally is able to wash herself. By the time she enters her room, Nate is done with his call. He looks at her. She is in a thin dress robe, her nipples poking out. Her hair is wet and dripping. He's hard again. "Why are you out? We're not done yet," Nate says.

Daisy feels hot between her legs seeing his length that's ready to probe her again. "No more tonight. Save some for tomorrow."

Nate smirks. He grabs her and throws her on the bed. Her robe parts exposing her beautiful naked body. "Trust me," Nate says, licking his lips, and moving his eyes over her plump breasts, curved waist, and luscious thighs. His mouth waters. His hard on drips. "I'm going easy on you on our first night." He crawls up on the mattress and starts tasting her womanhood with his mouth. She writhes in pleasure.

By sometime close to early morning, Nate finally lets her tired mate have a bit of rest, and closes his own eyes.

The air is still cold outside. The pavements are wet. There's no breeze. And there's no sound, except for the crickets.

And then they stop. All the crickets go quiet at once.

Daisy suddenly wakes up from a nightmare. She doesn't remember what it was. Nate quickly sits up next to her. "Something is wrong," she says. She grabs her chest. It's difficult to breath.

"Daisy," Nate says, pulling her close.

"H-He's here," Daisy says. "I think he's here."

Nate looks out the window. There's no one. It's all quiet.

Too quiet.

"Go back to sleep," he tells her. "It's probably nothing, but I'll make a call and look into it."

Daisy nods. Nate goes to the living room and makes the call. He also feels something is off. The packland is never this quiet. He calls Frank.

Back in the room, Daisy puts on her clothes. What's this feeling? She thinks. It's like something is slipping away. It's like... She steps out of her room and hears Nate. "Okay, head to the Eastman Bridge. Let others know," he says and ends the call.

"What happened?" She asks.

"We are going to do a quick patrol, just to be sure," he says, grabbing an old shirt from nearby and putting it on.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No," Nate lies. "I'm doing this for you. I don't want to ignore my Luna's first nightmare."

Luna? Daisy thinks.

Nate kisses her on the lips. "I'm telling you the truth. There's nothing to worry about. Go back to sleep. Rest. So you'll be ready for tomorrow." He bites and pulls her lip. "I'm gonna be home all day and night."

She blushes and pushes him away. He laughs, picks up his jacket and leaves.

The dreadful feeling is back again in her chest. Is Ian really here? Is that why she's feeling this way? Or is it because she's a new Luna? Are her senses oversensitive now? She begins to feel restless, especially without Nate by her side.

She can't just wait here.

She urgently returns to her room, grabs her car keys, and one of the burner phones in her backpack that she always keeps on her, and hurries outside, forgetting her own phone behind.

She reaches Lily's house. Lily is at the front door. Frank was with her when he got the call.

"What's happening?" Lily says.

"I don't know," Daisy says stepping outside. "I was hoping you could tell."

Lily freezes, looking at Daisy.

"What?" Daisy says, confused.

Lily covers her mouth. "You are his mate?"

Daisy touches her neck. It's still covered by the collar of her coat.

"I can tell," Lily says. "I can fucking tell when I see my Luna!" She says, laughing.

Daisy weakly smiles. It's sweet Lily knows now, but Daisy's heart still feels heavy. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow, but I gotta go now. Do you know where they went?"

"I think Frank mentioned the Eastman Bridge."

While Daisy heads back to her car she says, "Stay in. Keep the windows closed. Don't open the door for anyone but us."

"I don't like to hide, Daisy," Lily says.

Daisy stops. Her hand is grabbing the handle of her open door. She looks back at Lily.

Lily smiles. "Don't worry. I have guns."

Daisy raises her eyebrows. She didn't expect Lily would be the firearm kinda girl, but then again... it makes sense. "Keep them loaded," Daisy says and gets in and drives her car away.

The pain suddenly worsens. She stops halfway on the road and grabs her chest. Her eyes water. What is happening? She wonders.

Her phone rings.

She freezes in fear.

The meaning behind her pain, she knows it now.

There's only one person who has this number of hers. Daisy takes the call.

"Daisy," says Thomas Stanton's faint voice.

Daisy bites her lips and grabs the steering wheel tightly. Tears drop to her lap. "Please," she says. "Not yet." He can't abandon her. Not now. She needs him. More than ever. She can't leave him. Not now. Not now.

At the Stanton mansion, Thomas is sitting on his favorite armchair across the fireplace. This is where he used to watch Ian, Daisy and Liam play on the floor when they were kids. His memories are as good as if they are happening right in front of him now.

"I'm sorry, kid. It's time." 

🗳 Vote and comment!