41

I walk down the street with my slippers on, heading to the mail box. It's a full moon out tonight, so it almost shines at bright as the sun.

The cold night wind hits me as I reach the mailbox—and I shiver as I drop the letter inside the slot. I only wrote it a few minutes ago, and I'm already sending it.

I'm sending it to the address the letters were sent from, even if it might not ever reach the original sender. I find it funny how all this time I could have just gone and knocked on the door of the address— I just didn't have the guts.

I run back to my apartment, closing the door quickly to not let the inside heat out. My cat comes running up to me as I hang my coat back up, so I swoop her up in my arms.

"We did it!" I say, spinning in a circle. "It took us all day, but we did it." I hold her like a baby, and she meows at me.

I giggle. I'm cut off with a yawn though, so I give my cat a knowing look as we both head back to bed.

*

I check my mailbox with excitement, but am disappointed when I see nothing in the box. I frown and close the box again.

I was hoping I would get some kind of response, even if there isn't much to say. I was hoping that would be my inspiration for the day. I walk back inside my apartment, and my cat runs up to me when she sees me.

Felix also comes around the corner, drying his hair with a towel. He has a pair of my pants on, and he's shirtless. "Nothing?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Nope. It's been almost a week already." I say. "I was hoping to get one back before I start work again today, but nope."

He frowns, throwing the towel in the washer by the kitchen. "It's okay," He wraps his arm around me. "I'm sure they just don't know what to say. I mean it took you a whole day to write a letter."

"Yeah but that's because I was new at it." I pull away and head to the fridge. "This person is not—I don't think." I take out the milk.

He shrugs. "Maybe it's just a confusing letter to respond too. I mean it's not even for them in the first place." He says.

I pour in my cereal, nodding my head. "Yeah I guess, but they could just send back a "you're fucking crazy" and call it a day."

He giggles. "Yeah, they probably will. You wrote about missing him right?"

I nod. "Yeah.. not my best moment." I say. "But at least I was honest." I put the milk back after pouring it in my bowl of cereal.

He hums. "I guess you should just wait it out." He says. "but make me a bowl of cereal too please."

I scrunch my brows at him. "More? You already ate my whole months worth of it." I say. "I feel like a dad, feeding my growing child."

He frowns. "You did let me stay here, so you have to feed me— dad." He says the last part with a sly expression.

I sigh. "I regret having you kid." I pull out the box of cereal, getting another bowl too. I ignore his gasp, and change the subject.

"When is your apartment gonna be fixed?" I pour in the cereal, then the milk.

He shrugs. "I dunno. Mold is hard to get rid of."

I chuckle. "I can't believe you moved into a place with mold—" I push the bowl towards him. "—don't you get like some kind of refund from them for almost.. well– killing you."

He shakes his head. "I wish."

I giggle, and continue to eat my cereal without saying much. He silently does the same, but suddenly makes an expressive sound like he remembered something he's been trying to for a while.

"Oh–" he swallows his bite. "—What was with that last letter? Did you ever get it in the mail?"

I shake my head, putting my dishes into the sink. "No, the most I got from that was getting told it was 'better to be given in person'. So it's a no go."

He hums. "Do you think it's a... you know?"

I give him a look, and I feel the ache in my chest come back. "If it is, I'm glad I didn't get it then." I say.
I don't think I could handle getting that letter in the mail.

I check the time on my watch, and frown. "I have to get going, don't cause any trouble." I say.

He nods his head and continues to eat his cereal, so I take my leave. I grab my car keys and brief case as I head out the door, trying to prepare myself for whatever might come today. That last I heard from work was "get out.''

I drive slowly, and quietly on my way. When I reach the building, I park in the assigned parking. Far away, as i always do. The walk of shame into the building is always the worst, and I can see the eyes on me. It's honestly quite like deja-vu.

I enter the elevator, and go to my floor. The whole top floor is basically my office, the bosses office, and the few secretary's we have. When the elevator opens, I make my way to his office and knock on the door.

"Come in." He says.

I walk inside, and he immediately stands. "Ah, I was waiting for you." He says.

He clears his throat, and suddenly gets serious. "Let me get to the point. The women, you're secretary, has been expelled from all positions in this company." He says.

My face lights up. "Really? S–so..?"

"So you are still my right hand man. She was charged, and is done for." He says. "You are dismissed. Have a good day."

"That's it?" I say. "I'm free?"

He nods, and sits back down in his chair.

I smile and turn to leave. I have a feeling of content in my chest as I turn this time, and I hold my head up high. However, I'm just about to leave the room when he stops me again.

"Oh but Minho," He says. I turn to him. "I'm sorry for not believing you. That's on me, I hope you can forgive me. That was so wrong to do." He stands up from his chair, bowing to me.

I smile. "It's okay." I say. "Thank you."

He smiles at my answer, and I smile back. I turn back to leave again. This time, I leave his office with a smile.

I finally won, and life is going my way for once.