42

Work was boring.

I thought maybe me being back and having something to do with my days now would be nice, but it's the same boring shit as always. At least i wasn't fired though, I'm actually really happy that that went my way.

If it didn't, I would be out so much. I don't know what I would even do with myself. I could just get another job, but it wouldn't be the same if I'm being honest.

I pull into the parking lot of my complex, making sure to check if I have everything before I get out. After I do that, I lock my car as I close the door. It's pretty chilly—since it's December, so i run across the lot to get home as fast as I can.

I'm coming up to my apartment when I see a person standing in the walk way, so I slow my steps as I get closer. They're holding something in their hand, and they seem lost as I look at them more.

"Excuse me?" I ask. "Are you lost?"

They flinch at my voice, and turns their body away from mine. I furrow my brows as I get closer, but they seem to keep their self hidden.

"Uh.." I tap their shoulder. "Hello? Can I help you?"

When I don't get a reply, I scoff. "Look, you can tell me who you're looking—"

My words are cut short when he turns around. My heart drops as I get a glimpse of his face. All I see are round cheeks, and his pink lips.

"—for.." I drop my bag as I take steps back from him.

My heart starts to pound as I stare more at this man. I must be hallucinating, this isn't real. I stare at the man in front of me, who I recognize as my first love.

"No, no no." I pick up my brief case and push my way to my door. "This isn't happening—" my voice cracks as I enter my apartment.

I slam the door in his face, and lean back on the door as I breathe heavily. I feel like I'm about to enter cardiac arrest.

Felix comes running around the corner at the sound of the door, and furrows his brows as he sees the condition I am in. "Minho?" He asks. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head. I'm about to speak when there is a knock on the door, and Felix steps forward. I move aside, hoping he just says nobody is there. He opens the door, and looks down— then back up.

"Hey wait.." he runs out the door.

I can hear him talking, and I hear the voice I could recognize from a thousand miles away. I hear footsteps coming closer, and I step up. They both are standing there now, and Felix is smiling.

"I found the sender!" He says excitedly.

I bet my face is as pale as a ghost, because I know I feel like a ghost right now. My eyes wander to the man who looks like Jisung, and I look him up and down. My breath falters, and I stumble back. I feel dizzy the more I stare at him.

Felix gulps. "What's wrong? What am I missing?"

I stand back up straight after a minute, and I look Felix directly in the eyes. I give him the best look I can, and he furrows his brows at first, but then his eyes widen.

He lets go of Jisung's arm, stepping away from him as he gets closer to me. His hand goes back up to his mouth, and he stares at me— then Jisung. He turns back to me, and I just give him a weak smile.

"Holy shit.." he says.

The man bites his lips, and looks down at his feet. He nervously moves his legs, and puts his hands back inside his pockets. He hasn't said a real word to me yet, and I just stare at him.

"A— are you real?" Felix asks.

Jisung musters out a chuckle. He nods his head yes. "I am."

His voice is as smooth as i remember, but I am still not convinced at all that this is the man I have loved for years. This isn't him, because that's impossible. He is gone, he has been for years.

"Are you.." I finally speak with a broken voice. I clear my throat before I speak again. "Are you actually.. who I think?" I ask.

He looks into my eyes this time, and now my question feels stupid. Here, now— as we make eye contact, I recognize his eyes from anywhere. The man I have been longing for since high school, is now in front of me.

He nods his head. "I'm afraid so.."

My head starts to hurt as he speaks. If it's him,—his eyes, his voice, his body— if it's actually him, then who was the one who died? Because if I remember it all correctly, then man in front of me right now is supposed to be a rotting corpse in a casket under ground right now.

I can hear Felix gulp louder than anything else, and he lets out a breath. "How? How are you here right now?" He asks the question I've been wanting to ask since I saw him.

"Minho told me you were dead, didn't you?" He asks, turning to me. "He is very much alive right now, did you lie or something?"

I turn to him as if he is stupid, and shake my head. "You read the letters. You listened to me rant for hours. I'm asking the same question." I turn back to Jisung. "From what I know, your dead." I say, straight to his face. A chill goes down my spine as i say it.

He gulps, and shakes his head. "Can I— Can I come in?" He asks. "There's so much I need to tell you.."

Felix looks at me, almost as if for permission. I look at him, then to Jisung. I nod my head yes, and step out of the way for the man. He steps inside, and I get chills as he passes me.