[001]

[𝙤𝙣𝙚]
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

LUCERYS VELARYON HELD HIS BIG SISTER'S HAND throughout the entire day, as they stood by the coast listening to their uncle Vaemond, speaking at Aunt Laena's funeral. Perhaps it was because she was a woman, and his older brother, Jacaerys wouldn't be able to provide the comfort he so dreadfully needed.

Being the eldest sister of three young boys wasn't awfully hard, as they all had minds of their own and would play whatever game the could think of. Amara would love to join them, but she rarely did so.

The three of them stood in silence; the three siblings' dark hair clashing in the crowd of silver, and they watched and listened to the waves that surrounded them.

Amara kept her eyes trained forwards on the sea and did not look around to see who was watching her, though she could feel them. Feel the eyes of someone in her extended family looking at her. Assessing her. Observing everything that she did. 

Amara looked up at her dearest father. She'd never seen him so broken, as though a part of him was within the casket with his sister. She was fluent in High Valyrian, so she understood what was being said by her great-uncle. So she felt even sadder whenever Vaemond spoke, she felt bad for her father.

She squeezed Luke's hand tighter.  

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea," Vaemond Velaryon, spoke in High Valyrian.

"to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King, where He will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin."

She felt her mother straighten her stance from behind her, and her arms go around the three of them, as though protecting them.

Amara knew what he meant of that, and especially when he had his eyes fixated on the three brown-haired Velaryons, Amara glared at him deeply with no remorse.

Daemon interrupted Vaemond's eulogy with a high-pitched chuckle, though there was nothing funny about the situation. It was almost like he was distracting Vaemond from what he was saying, what he was insinuating. 

Vaemond's eyes were on Rhaenyra's. On Luke's. On Jace's. On Amara's. But everyone else was now looking at Daemon as he laughed and took all of their attention. Amara smiled softly.

Vaemond looked away from them to the stone coffin where their aunt Laena resided, and watched as the rope against it tightened, and it moved its way to the edge of the cliff,

"My gentle niece." He continued, "May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came." The coffin moved closer to the edge. "To the sea we shall return."  

And the stone fell in. Submerging in the waters, to the depth of the seabed. Amara did not know how far down the waters went, but there was no sight of the coffin after it fell in. There would be no retrieving her if they wanted to.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

—AMARA STOOD WITH HERSELF, Looking out towards the sea in undisguised wonder as she looked up at her two dragons flying around one another, playing and letting out sounds every now and then.