[009]

[𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚]
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

AMARA SAT BESIDES AEGON AND JACAERYS AT THE FEAST. The dining table was overloaded with a feast of food. Candles flickered between plates of meat and steaming vegetables, and everyone gathered around sat in silence, awkwardly looking at the servants as they walked in with more delicacies.  

At the head of the table sat Lucerys. He was awkwardly looking around at everyone else, and switched some glances with his sister, Amara. At the opposite end of the table was Aemond. He wasn't looking at anyone or anything in particular, but every once in a while, would mutter something to Aegon, who would hum in agreement.  

On one length of the table, nearest Aemond, sat Otto Hightower, staring straight ahead at the musicians in the corner of the room who played soft melodies on their wooden instruments. Next to him was Alicent. She sat straight and upright and made it apparent that she was looking everywhere but at Rhaenyra.  

Next to her sat an empty space, and then Rhaenyra Targaryen, who was looking at Alicent, and then at her children, then at Alicent again. Next to Rhaenyra was Daemon, who had already filled his cup with wine and drained it.  

Opposite Daemon, and closest to Lucerys was Rhaena, the girl Luke was proposed to marry. Next to Rhaena was the second Velaryon daughter, Baela, who sat next to her betrothed Jacaerys . Jacaerys sat next to Amara, who was then sat next to Aegon, and Aegon next to his wife, Helaena.  

Joffrey was not in attendance. He was too busy keeping the handmaidens occupied along with young Aegon and young Viserys. 

Chairs scraped against the floor as King Viserys entered the room. Everyone stood and watched and waited as he was lifted on a throne less severe than the Iron one he sat upon earlier that day. He could not walk or stand by himself anymore, it seemed. He needed his Kingsguard to carry him in. The trial had obviously used up all of his remaining energy. 

Everyone became seated as the Kingsguard lowered the Kings throne between Rhaenyra and Alicent, and the silence overtook the room once more.

King Viserys looked around the room, and tried smiling, but it came out as more of a wince, "How good it is..." He croaked out, "To see you all tonight... Together." He looked over to his wife, Alicent, and then to his daughter, Rhaenyra. His breathing hard and heavy. 

Alicent leaned over to him, "Prayer before we begin?" 

"Yes." He whispered back. 

Everyone joined their hands together and lowered their heads as Alicent began to pray. Everyone except for Daemon. Amara noticed this, and exchanged a humorous glare with him, they only chuckled silently and Daemon shook his head. She closed her eyes with a smile.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

Amara scoffed quietly and opened her eyes looking up at her stepfather, just as Daemon rolled his eyes at Alicent's words. They chuckled in silence, trying not to make noice.

Everyone leaned back as Alicent stopped speaking, and looked around the room awkwardly at each other. Amara, feeling the need to break the awkwardness, raised her cup, "To Uncle Vaemond." She smiled.

The only person that joined in with her cheers was Daemon, who held his fifth cup of wine up along with hers, and they both drank eagerly.

She didn't look around to see the disapproved looks on anyone else's faces, but if she did, she would have seen the grin on Aegon's, who wished that he could have raised his cup with her but decided not to considering he was sat opposite his mother, who would have scolded him for the lack of respect.