[004]

[𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧]
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN SIX YEARS since the funeral of her aunt, Laena Valyron, and subsequently, six years since the death of her father. Her real father, and her fake one. On the night that the Targaryen's sailed back to the Red Keep in the city of Kings Landing to sit atop their Iron Throne, Laenor Velaryon was butchered, beaten and then left to burn to death in the great hall of Dragonstone.

His body was nothing but burnt charcoal, which crumbled to dust underneath anyone's touch.  

But Amara did not sob when she heard the news the next morrow. When her mother gathered her and her brothers into their bedchambers and told them that their father was dead, and that later that evening, she was to marry Daemon Targaryen.  

Daemon had stood in the corner of the room to observe their rection. He saw the two boys sob for their deceased father, too distraught to question them on their sudden marriage. He also observed Amara and how she has no saddened reaction, and he simply frowned at the girl as she wondered.

Amara, had been brought up on books of Westeros tradition. She knew the legal proceedings for getting married again. It was all well and good laying with another man and getting him to father her children, but for her mother to remarry, her father, her pretend father, Laenor Velaryon would have to die. 

And so, he did. So, whilst she did not let anyone see the weakness she felt for the man that claimed to be her father and did not outright ask her mother and uncle if they had played a part in his death, she knew in the back of her mind that they were truly responsible. Her mother had taken Daemon Targaryen to husband as a last resort to strengthen her claim to the throne.

And ever since Amara had claimed five dragons, people around the realm had learned to respect her as a woman of power, and she had claimed yet another title 'The Dragon Whisperer' which she enjoyed far more than 'The Most Priced Jewel' that made her sound like an object to collect.

She had claimed three more dragons other than Lola and Eryx, she had claimed the devil dragon, Fyreheart, that had the scales as red as fire, and it had been said her fire was the hottest out of all the dragons that lived among the realms.

She was extremely stubborn though, but it was obvious Amara was her soft spot as she would always became a baby in dragon form when it was only the two of them, but whenever someone else had entered the room, she was suddenly in a warrior stance, ready for combat. Amara adored her braveness.

Her second latest claim was the infamous Grey Ghost, whom she had named Rhaegal but usually called him 'Grey'. She had managed to meet him and visited him frequently before trying to claim him as he was notably shy.

Grey Ghost was pale grey-white, the color of morning mist. He was a notably shy dragon who avoided men and their works for years at a time, which gave it his name. Grey Ghost preferred to feed on fish and was often glimpsed flying low over the narrow sea, snatching prey from the waters with Amara on his back, splashing water on her every now and then. He made his lair in a smoking vent high on the eastern side of the Dragonmont, but was now flying around the land of Dragonstone freely with Amara's other dragons.

After she had managed to claim The Cannibal after he chased her through the entire island, she had to wait to introduce him to her parents, and create a stronger bond between the two. She brought him other types of food instead of other dragon corpses he would feast. At the beginning he rejected such food, but at last he accepted it.

He still feasts on dragon corpses he finds and sometimes eggs whenever he gets the chance. He had never killed a dragon after Amara began feeding the large dragon, and becoming his comfort place.

When she introduced him to Daemon and Rhaenyra they were frightened of him, but they grew to understand the love they felt for on another and slowly accepted it, though they didn't want him to be alone with their own dragons.

"Amara, do you know Dranot?" Asked Jacaerys his older sister as she was walking down the steps, observing him trying to learn Valyrian.

Amara turned, dropping the dress she had in hand to allow her arms as Joffery ran towards her. Kneeling down, she embraced him in a tight hug before swinging him around in her arms.

"My, you're getting heavier and heavier. Are they feeding you extra feasts?" Amara jested, earning a happy laugh from her youngest brother, before turning to her other younger brother in confusion, "The mouth," Spoke Amara, swaying her little brother back and forth.

He sighed heavily and his hands turned into fists on the table, he was clearly annoyed and she tilted her head at him. "Seven hells, Jace, you're not going to pick up Old Valeryian in a few days," Amara rolled her eyes. "But you may need to brush up on your snake-speaking,"

"And you may need to brush up on your diplomacy skills and how to keep a level head," Jace shot back at her as he sat on her bed, "We aren't going into Kings Landing to cut off the heads of our uncles and grandma."

"I would if needed, I've been taught to protect our lands in anyway possible, brother." She grinned, before placing Joffrey down and him running over to his play set once again. "A good Queen would protect her land."

"Yes," He sighed and looked upon his sister. "You will be a great Queen." He smiled at her.

She chuckled lowly with a smile. "You are the kindest brother," She said, in a sarcastic tone. "But you must remember to pack, we are leaving for Kings Landing soon, surely mother told you?" She frowned.

He then widened his eyes as if he had just realized. "I had forgotten!" He gasped. He then quickly fled the room, leaving Amara chuckling at him.

A/N:
Again, a quick chapter to ease you into older Amara. She has claimed five dragons, and I may or not be planning for her to claim more;)