Only Because I Have To

I plopped onto my bed with a heavy sigh.

I watched as the blades of the ceiling fun spun into a blurry kaleidoscope.

I have to save my friends. I nearly lost Avi. I would've lost him had Kirstie not shown mercy.

I need to protect Avi.

I need to protect Kevin.

I need to protect Scott.

I need to protect Travis.

Even if I can't protect myself.

I don't care about getting hurt anymore.

The only way I can protect them is to get hurt.

I wish there was another way, but there isn't.

But they'd never let me go out there and get hurt.

I need to go alone. I'll have to meet up with Kirstie in secret if I am to get away with this.

I'll have to wait until Kirstie recovers.

She'll have to recover quickly.

I won't let my friends be in danger a second longer than they need to.

It's been almost six months since the accident. She should be all right soon.

I hope so.

~

Kirstie recovered and was discharged from the hospital the following Thursday.

I was there to pick her up.

Her lips curled into a sinister smirk as she saw me leaning against my car. "I trust you've made your decision." She says, folding her arms and cocking her hip.

I nodded. "I have."

Kirstie raises an eyebrow. "Well?"

"I'll join you. But only because I have to."

____________

OK, OK, I know this chapter was nothing but this is kind of the build-up to these next three chapters.

Stuff's about to go down.

-Spontaneous_Soprano