𝟒. 𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐦 𝐆𝐨

I slowly get out of bed, take another shower, get ready to go home today and pack my bag again. Suddenly, while I'm putting on my shoes, there's a knock on the door. I'm not expecting anyone, so I slowly stand up and walk over to the door, but before I can even get to the door, I already hear a voice. "Am? Hey, sweetheart? I'm worried about you, are you alright?" one of my favorite voices in the world asks me, through the closed door. Chris, damn it... I immediately tear up at the sound of his voice, and the thought of him being at the other side of the door. I thought this was it, I thought I was gonna go home and never see him again, and that's also what I hoped, because if I see him again now, things are gonna get worse.

"Amelia? Baby, are you in there? Please, talk to me..." Chris adds, knocking on the door again very silently. "I'm... I'm here..." I silently reply, getting to the door now and placing both my hands on it as I close my eyes. "Baby... Are you okay?" he silently asks again, while a tear leaves my eye. "Yeah..." I reply, almost whispering because of my shivering voice. "You, um... Y-you looked gorgeous at the premiere..." he says, sounding pretty nervous which causes me to let out the most silent giggle ever. "You too" I silently add, followed by another one of those silent giggles.

"I missed that giggle... It's the most adorable thing, you know" he adds, and I can just feel him smiling as I slowly rest my forehead against the door while I softly smile as well. "What are you doing here, Chrissy..." I silently let out, slowly dropping my smile again at the thought of the fight we had. "I just... I-I wanted to check up on you, have you been on social media?" he asks, still talking as silent as he can bur still clear enough for me to hear it. "I have, yes" I reply, keeping my eyes closed as I let out a silent sigh. "And uh, what did you think about it? I-I wanted to make sure you're okay, those posts are always incredibly stupid, they don't even know what they're talking about" Chris explains, making me smile again.

"I know... Are you okay?" I ask, looking up but down again as I stare at the doorknob. "I could be better... I miss you, sweetheart, and after seeing you out there yesterday, not being able to hug you or talk to you... It killed me, Am" he tells, which causes a few more tears to leave my eyes. At this point, I'm fighting the urge to open the door and pull him in for a hug. I shouldn't, and I won't, but it's hard. "Am? Baby, are you still there?" Chris asks, so I breathe in, take a step back and let it out with a sigh. "You should go, Chris" I say, a little louder this time.

"Am, no sweetheart, please, I-I miss you" he adds, sounds both sad and worried at the same time as I shake my head. "You should go, Chris" I repeat, taking more steps back, only to get to the bed again before I sit down and run my hands along my face. I didn't want to talk to him, even though deep down, I did. I just shouldn't have, because right now, I feel sad again. "Am?" Chris silently asks again while I just shake my head and try to not let him hear that I'm already crying again.

"Just... Please, just know that I... I love you, alright? I love you, and I'll be waiting for you all my life, okay?" he suddenly asks, making me look up. "No..." I whisper to myself, before starting to cry even more. He must've heard the sound of me starting to cry again, even though I didn't want that to happen. "I'll go, I'm sorry, I'll... I'll go, I love you" he quickly adds, letting me know that he did hear it before I can hear him slowly walking away. I get myself together, take a few deep breaths and get ready to leave. I have to move on, I have to let him go.

-

-

- Time Skip, Eight Months Later -

It's been eight months since the Avengers: Endgame premiere in Los Angeles, and it's been fifteen months since the fight between Chris and me. Yes, it's been over a year and yes, I'm doing fine. You know, Chris did try to reach me a few times. The first time was only a month after the premiere, he was drunk and kept texting me. I was having none of that, so I said 'stop it, Chris.' and he apologized before never sending me a message again. Okay, alright, that's not true either. It's actually the reason why my eyes are teary right now, and why I'm blinking as fast as I can to make those tears disappear.