𝟐𝟕. 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

After having lunch and doing the dishes together, Chris and I leave my place to go to Massachusetts. He helps me take my bag to the car, along with some more bags filled up with presents for everyone in his family. He told me that I didn't hsve to do that, but he knows me. We sing along with our favorite songs as loud as we can, talk about how excited we are to go to Disney, and get to his place in Boston about four hours later. Once we're inside, I immediately greet Dodger. It's been so long since I saw him, I missed that little guy so much! He barely leaves my side from now on, it's adorable! "He's really happy you're here again, but uh... I am, too. Seriously, I'm really happy you're home" Chris says, after putting my bag down in the guest room.

"I'm really happy I'm home too, Chrissy. Thank you for letting me stay here" I reply, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck again as he looks down at me with the sweetest smile. "I missed you, baby. Everything about you, about us... I missed it" he silently tells, looking at my lips before pulling me closer and placing a little kiss on my forehead. "I did too, honey..." I sigh, closing my eyes to stop myself from tearing up. "You wanna go have some coffee before we go?" he asks after a moment of just standing here, holding each other close. "Yeah, let's do that" I reply, looking up again and kissing his cheek before slowly letting him go. There are three very big words on the tip of my tongue right now, but I know I shouldn't say them. I want to, and I feel them, but I shouldn't.

After having some coffee together and cuddling with Dodger for a while, we get ready to go to Sudbury. I'm excited, but also a little nervous. I mean, I don't know what they think of me now. I used to have a great bond with all of them, but who knows, maybe they're mad at me because of that fight Chris and I had, bacn in 2018. "Are you ready to go, my love?" Chris asks, grabbing my coat for me. "Yeah" I silently reply, nodding my head as he frowns. "What's on your mind?" he asks again, helping me put it on before grabbing his car keys. "Nothing" I reply, smiling at him yet again. "Hey, baby... What's wrong? Talk to me" he adds, getting closer to me and taking my hand in his. "I'm just... A little nervous, I guess. Excited, absolutely, but nervous" I explain, and he slightly raises his eyebrows while he caresses my hand with his thumb.

"Why, my love?" he asks, before bringing my hand up to softly kiss it once. "Because I don't know what they think of me, after our fight back then" I reply, so he lets out a silent sigh. "They love you, baby. They always have, and always will" Chris says, making me smile for a second. "And I love them, but do they still like me? I mean, I kind of... I-I was a bitch to you" I tell, but he immediately shakes his head. "None of that, my love. You weren't a bitch to me at all, you know that. I was the one who fucked things up, not you. My family knows that too, so if they'd ever dislike one of us because of what happened back then, it would be me" he chuckles, making me laugh.

"That's not true" I giggle, shaking my head and looking at our hands. "Hey, I'm serious, baby. They love you, they do" he adds, kissing my cheek and giving me the sweetest smile. "Let's go now, yeah? My mom already called me three times because she wants to see you so badly" he laughs, so I laugh with him, nod my head and let him take me outside. He drives us to Sudbury, keeps his hand on my leg the whole time and parks the car out front of Lisa's house. It's been ages since I last visited her, I can't believe I'm actually here again! The two of us get out of the car, and grab the bags full of presents from the backseat. "Do you have everything, my lo-" Chris tries to ask, but he gets interrupted but the front door of the house opening. We didn't even ring the doorbell yet, we're still at the car, but they heard us.

As soon as they indeed see us, they all come outside because according to them, they couldn't wait. I greet everyone with love, and even tear up. Lisa, Carly, Shanna, Scott, Ethan, Stella and Miles, all of my favorites. There are no hard feelings at all, I know that now. Shanna even apologized for her brother's behavior, which made me laugh. It's so great to see them all again, and the kids got so big! Miles won't let go of my hand anymore now, until his mom calls for him for a moment. When we're all inside, after hugging and talking and almost crying for a while outside, Stella walks up to me again. "Aunty Am?" she asks, causing me to look down to face her. I get down to my knees, and look back at her. "Yes, sweetie?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. I can feel Chris standing behind me, wanting to hear what Stella has to say to me as well.

"Well, you're going to Disney with us, right?" she asks, giving me a sweet smile. "I am, yes!" I giggle, nodding my head as she keeps smiling. "Yes! I really missed you, aunty Am! And, it's whole weekend, right?" she asks again, giggling a little. "That's right, sweetie! I missed you too!" I reply, nodding my head yet again. "Can you stay with us for a longer time, when we get back?" Stella asks again, smiling bright. "Oh, um... I have to go back to my own home afterwards, but I'm here now!" I happily tell her, and she slowly nods her head. "Oh, well... That's okay, we can still have fun the entire weekend" she giggles, making me laugh. Ugh, she's adorable! "Absolutely, sweetie" I giggle in reply, so we laugh together for a second.

"Are you and uncle Chris okay now?" she asks again, playing with my hair very gently. "Ofcourse we are!" I reply after a short moment of silence, realizing that she probably knows Chris and I weren't in contact for a while. "I'm glad, I miss hanging out with you two" she adds, also looking at Chris for a second as we both smile at her. "Aw, we do too" I say, making her smile. "Maybe we can do it again?" she suggests, while Chris silently chuckles, not leaving my side at all. "I'm sure we can!" I giggle, as she keeps smiling and playing with my hair. "Aunty Am? Can I ask you something?" she suddenly asks, looking right into my eyes. "Yeah, ofcourse, go ahead" I reply, so she takes a small breath in and smiles again.

"When you get married, can I be a bridesmaid? Please?" she asks, giving me a soft and innocent look. "Married? I'm not getting married, sweetie" I giggle in reply, while she slightly frowns. "You're not? But, do you wanna?" she asks again, making me smile. "Maybe I do, yes" I reply, letting out a silent sigh. "When you do, can I be bridesmaid?" she asks me yet again, really wanting an answer. "Ofcourse you can!" I giggle, nodding my head as she smiles bright. "Thank you, aunty Am!" she cheers, wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a big hug. I giggle again as she does that, and hug her back.

"You're the best! I love you!" Stella cheers again, backing off and placing her hands on my cheeks. "I love you too!" I happily reply, so she gives me one more hug and gets back to her brothers. I slowly stand up straight, immediately feeling Chris wrapping his arm around my waist as I watch the kids play, feeling happier than ever and very much at home. "Bridesmaid, huh?" Chris asks, pulling me as close as possible as he looks down at me with a smile. "Apparently, I'm getting married" I jokingly reply, nodding my head. "Yeah? Who's the lucky guy?" he asks again, raising his eyebrows. "I have no idea, I hope he's nice!" I giggle, making him laugh.

"Well, I'm sure he's a nice, handsome guy" he adds, so I slowly nod my head. "I sure hope so, I hope he's my type" I say, still joking just like him. "I'm sure he is, baby. Maybe you even already met him" he tells, looking at me like he's not so much joking anymore. "You think so?" I silently ask, looking right into his beautiful eyes full of love. "I definitely do. Maybe he's waiting for you" he replies, looking at my lips for a second. "Is he?" I ask again, after a moment of silence. "He is. He wants to spend the rest of his life with you, you're the one who makes him feel complete" Chris replies, holding me even closer as I slightly tear up. God, this guy...