𝚎𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚜𝚝

"Hmm?" I looked up softly shutting my book and pushing up my big reading glasses, batting my lashes and meeting his deep brown eyes

"Hmm?" I looked up softly shutting my book and pushing up my big reading glasses, batting my lashes and meeting his deep brown eyes. They seemed to be filled with some sort of pain, a layer of confidence attempting to hide it. 

He sat down on the brown leather couch with a sigh, putting his hand on my thigh before thoughtfully caressing it, averting eye contact.

"What's on your mind? We'll work something out, AJ." I felt myself begin to sink into the big conch, I felt as if I were in trouble and I was about to be lectured for it. I hated the thought of Mr. Jones ever being mad at me. It made my stomach twist and turn with anxious anticipation. It scared the living crap out of me, I had never fallen in so deep and I couldn't afford to lose it.

"Well, Sweetpea I've just been thinking about how close we've grown." I smiled, almost proud of myself for how quickly we had grown to be saturated with one another. 

"And how quickly it's happened.." He added, finally meeting my eyes, before removing his hand from my thigh to my palm, taking it into his own and softly kissing my knuckles before chuckling nervously and letting his eyes meet my own.

"Sweetpea, it's tearing me up to even think about this, but I think it might be best for us.." He paused and looked away from me,  looking at that damned frame on the wall with his late wife. 

"Sweetpea, I think we should take a break." 

Take a break? Take a break, after you've been inside of my home, inside of my classroom, inside of my shower walls, for fucks inside of me? Now you want to take a break. When I started to feel like I was a part of the family, you ask me to take a fucking break. My mind began to swirl with every negative experience I had ever had flooded my mind.

Maybe I was too demanding, too needy. Too clingy.

Maybe I had invaded his personal space.

Maybe his family never even liked me.

What if it was all fake? To try and get his daughter A's.

What if he had only liked my body? 

My face twisted with a pained expression as I finally let the words he said soak deeper into my soul than just the surface level. Feeling my heart drowns in my stomach, in the worst way possible. I felt sick, instantly, I swallowed and gasped for air.  My eyebrows twisted in horror as my eyes began to water. My vision flickered around the room, trying to keep myself from fully imploding on myself.  My lips created a frown as Mr. Jones cupped my face, moving the strand of hair in my face out of my eyes as he connected our foreheads.

"Seraphine, please look at me.." 

"Mr. Jones, I-I have to get goin-" He cut me off with a quick peck to my lips before I got up and off of his couch walking to the other side of the room and collecting my things, trying to keep myself together, as I tried to wipe him off of my lips. The room felt as if it was spinning as I dug into my purse grabbed my phone and pulled up Jacques's contact.