𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜

We all shared endless laughs about our week without one another

We all shared endless laughs about our week without one another. From Wrynn's new-found love for hospital pudding to Mr. Jones' abundance of work that had been left hanging due to the incident. Yet, we never touched back on how the accident occurred, it didn't feel right to. Not yet at least, I was just happy they were home and safe. I don't know what Mr. Jones would do without them. I think he'd shut everyone out again, maybe even destroy his business and move out to the city. I don't think I could deal with anything else going wrong, not to the two most important ladies in my life. 

I had grown so close to Wrynn that it felt as if she was truly my daughter, even though she still called me by my first name, I didn't mean it at all. We had such a strong connection she could call me anything, tell me anything, or do anything with me and feel secure about it and that's all that mattered to me. Not only because she was still my student, but also because I planned to be in her life as long as Mr. Jones would allow me to. 

----------

Mr. Jones big hands rested on my hips as he placed a warm kiss on my cheek.

"How's the grading going, my love?" His profound voice tickled the trenches deep within me as I couldn't help but to smile and blush to flicker my eyes up to meet his. 

"Great. It is a standard spelling test, AJ." He gave me a puzzled expression, pondering what was, and was not appropriate to respond with.

"Well, then let me take you out," I smirked and began to shake my head, fiddling with my pen as I kept my eye contact with him, hooked on the sly smirk that constantly found itself on his handsome face. 

"Why not? Tomorrow is the last day of the school year baby. No one cares anymore, and I want the world to know that you're all mine." His words shook my core. The thought of finally being publicly his always found its way to entice me. Being apart from him showed me how dependent I had grown on not only him but also his beautiful family. 

"People still care, Aaron. Imagine if the secretary saw us. Do you know how quickly she'd report us?" 

"What secretary?" Mr. Jones whispered as if he was escaping the theme of the conversation.

I crossed my arms and glared at him, "The woman who mercilessly hit on you the day we met." 

"Personally, I remember the day we met as the first day of school." I tilted my head, thoroughly confused. 

"I picked up Wrynn, and you were outside sending off each of the students with their parents. You wore a black crop top with a long nude skirt, your favorite waist beads resting perfectly on your waist. You're favorite nude cardigan," His smirk shifted into a blissful smile, as he jeered towards the cardigan I was wearing, it was the same one from the first day.

"A gold chain laid on your collarbones, a huge cursive S placed on your chest. You're favorite glasses, the big black-rimmed ones, the same ones you have on at this very moment. Your hair was in a bun with a few loose strands of hair on your face. You looked so happy, so life-filled. You always look your happiest with kids."