Chapter 7: Fire on Fire

Summary:

Duty vs Desire: struggle continues

Notes:

When we fight, we fight like lions, But then we love and feel the truth
We lose our minds in a city of roses, We won't abide by any rules
I don't say a word, But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know
There you go, saving me from out of the cold

Fire on fire would normally kill us, But this much desire, together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms
'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me, And look in my eyes
You are perfection, my only direction, It's fire on fire.

Chapter Text

Kate was exhausted from the little sleep she had over the past few days. Her eyes closed almost immediately. Anthony thought of leaving for the night, but could not. He looked at her sleeping. She looked ethereal even when her eyes were closed and her wavy hair was spread all over her pillow. His children would look like her and he would spoil them exceedingly. He reached over and gently touched her stomach and imagined it to be swollen with his child. How he would love to hold her then, his hand traveled down to her cunt, which was wet with his seed.

He wanted to do it again, but she was asleep. He shouldn't, but he had to. He wanted to love her, listen to her talk. He was not ready to leave yet. He tried to wake her up and whispered in her ear "Kate, wake up." She half opened her eyes and looked at him puzzled. Anthony responded "Kate, I want to do it again." Kate was surprised and asked "Did we not just do it?" Anthony begged "Kate please" and gently slipped a finger into her cunt and started to rub circles. Kate gasped and said "Just.. be.. quick, I need to sleep."

Anthony rolled on top and started kissing her neck. Kate was fully awake now and annoyed, he was not making it quick. Anthony loved her little annoyed face as well, he would love to annoy her endlessly for the rest of their lives. He parted her legs and plunged into her. Kate moaned. Anthony was not in a hurry and started talking to her. "I was thinking about our children, if they would be more like you or me?" Kate blushed and replied "I would love them more if they were like you, utterly vexing." Anthony's heart was full listening to Kate talk about loving his children and wishing they were more like him. Of course, they would be like him and they would vex her endlessly. He couldn't wait to have babies with her. He increased his pace and intensity, she shuddered and came, and he followed right after.

Kate was closing her eyes again, but Anthony wanted her to stay awake, just for a little bit longer. He asked, "Kate, when did you last have your courses?" Kate laughed and answered "Are you trying to get your wife and mistress pregnant at the same time?" Anthony was horrified and he rolled off to her side "Kate, I am not sleeping with your sister. I married her but I couldn't." Kate moved closer and teased "I heard you calculated the precise date and time for conceiving your heir". Anthony pulled her into his arms, "I had to make some excuse for why it wasn't the right time. She tried to kiss me in Paris!! but I couldn't, I wanted to run right then. Believe me. I feel very guilty for marrying her but not guilty enough to sleep with her. "

Kate kissed his lips and said "I am not going to guilt you into sleeping with my sister. We are two abominable loathsome wretches, stuck to one other. I know, I will go to hell for ruining my sister's life but I cannot give you up."

Anthony didn't want to talk about Edwina. He continued "Kate, I don't want to talk about your sister. You didn't answer my question about your courses. I want a child with you." Kate responded "Its irregular, it's a week early or a few weeks late, I stopped counting it as it was of no use. But, my love, conception takes more than calculations. And I am also not eager to bring a child into this world only to hide it or have it endure the scorn of society."