[12.1] A WAR IS WHISPERED

•|•|•
"The Land Beyond the sea is the land of men. Men have trained dogs to obey their will, and one day, they will want wolves."
•|•|•

[Kayos]

I had no reason to be as angry as I was at this moment. Perhaps anger was not what it was, if it were I would have taken the sun out of the sky, released my wolf into the wild forest to hunt, or sent a shadow to harvest a soul.

Frustration?

No. That was not this feeling. Could it? That I had hoped, for one thing, to open her up so I could see the secrets Selene had hidden within her. To control her fear.

I had even become a friend... a foreign word to me. A want I had let go of wishing for YEARS ago, now just offered to me so casually.

Instead of clearing that fear, I chose to speak the truth without any true obligation. Just because I did not wish to lie, I told her the truth about the dark nature within me.

Why was I picking what to give? What obligation did I have to tell the truth? A friend, she called me. I had already broken the rules. I was deceiving her, but somehow, I could not bring myself to tell a single lie.

I was darkness itself, lying is my invention.

I rolled my eyes, pausing my pacing for a moment. I must not get carried away. Selene knows of my every weakness. My lack of patience.

Breathing out slowly, I closed and then opened my eyes again.

Despite everything, I had learned something new about the Keffer. She did remember my visit. Even if disguised as a recurrent dream, it was clear Selene had made her not forget that day. She remembered my wolf, she remembered its eyes, the field of night and Day.

My wolf brought darkness with it wherever it went. Covered the sky in darkness, whilst her side remained in light. Had I approached her, she would have been covered in darkness.
My thoughts slipped to the image of her skin, my mouth dry and somehow thirsty, she was already wearing darkness on her like a fine robe.

A scratch-like sound caught my attention and I watched as a shadow detached itself from the wall, crawling quietly on all eight showy legs across the room, pausing in front of me.

"Proceed."

It moved toward me on command, its shadowy finger absorbing within me, sharing its news with me. I could see all it had seen, and hear all that was meant to be heard, my eyes glowing a low amber before it detached, slipping back into the shadows.

I grunted at this, a fire brewing within me, the shadows all ran from the walls converging in the middle of the floor, emerging like a dark cloud.

My eyes flashed amber, gritting my jaw as I walked in, coming out into a bright tent-like room, the sounds of giggles reaching my ears first, followed by two familiar scents.

An open bed came to view and the two naked wolves in it, giggling and, kissing between themselves to my absolute compulsion.

"Is there a reason you seek war Vaeln?"

The two wolves in bed sat up, quite surprised, Vaeln immediately covering his half-naked mate behind him protectively, growling lowly when he spotted me.

"Kayos."

"You dare come across my borders without call and break the treaty? Is this an act of war? Your camp is not many, neither is it guarded."

He growled, his arm still hiding his mate. "For Selene's sake, give us a bit of privacy, how dare you shadow into my private chambers! Keep your eyes off my mate."