[42.1] THE 8TH NIGHT WOLF (part 3)

•|•|•

This bond we share, Adeline. No being can break—neither men nor gods.

•|•|•

[SHADE SHADOWS]

********
In the market.

*******

Xirrian states.

*******************
My fingers shake even as I write this. I cannot contain the excitement coursing through me. It is relief and emotion much too intricate to simply describe.

I found her.
I found her—

I found her.

My beloved. All that I am, all that I wish to be. All that is.

I have her in my court this very moment. My wolf, my being, aches to be with her, but I must account for the moment. If only so that it is raw and genuine, and if only to give her space.

I confess I feel I have suffocated her already.

It is as the Mage Wolf predicted.
The market is where I found her.

In the cold streets of Thal, in the region of the Ice Wolf. It has been 2 years since my encounter with the mage.

It is hard to describe—the emotion...

The bond is far stronger than I ever perceived. Ah, it flows through me like a river, laden with all the good things lovers feel.

It cannot be contained. Nor do I wish it so.

I can not believe—

Would you believe She— Saints, she passed me in the marketplace as if a shadow, as if a simple stranger.

Madness.

It was utter madness, that I had not even sensed her until that very moment she walked by me. Ignoring that others had stopped, frozen in place stunned by the scent of a Night Wolf.

She walked past me as if I was no one.

But her scent is strong and it is sweet. The moment I caught it, my hand reached for her, enclosing her delicate wrists, and pulled her towards me. Knowing heaven will fall and hell will rise before I ever let go.

She was stunned, and I was bewitched by her beauty. For she is utterly ethereal.

Her hair is the shade of strawberries in spring, her eyes put emeralds to shame. Her name? Saints, Her name is more alluring than diamonds, more brilliant than Gold. Finer than the finest linen, her name —

Adeline.

Oh, I am in trouble. I shall drown in them and never recover.

I curse myself to the heavens for what I have done since I trapped myself in her gaze.

Forgive me, all gods who might have granted her to me.

I have kept her in my chambers as if she might disappear. She is far too precious.

I curse myself for I feel I have scared her with my rashness, with my fear of losing her all too quickly, as if she has not just been found.

Yes, I have taken her far too quickly, and without conversation.