ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 Յ: 𝔚𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔉𝔩𝔶

Naerys cradled the young dragon in her arm

Naerys cradled the young dragon in her arm. The scales beast stretched out along her arm like a lazy cat, his head resting in the crook of her elbow.

"He is, quite long." Daemon pointed out. The siblings sat on the balcony, served tea and tiny cakes that the dragon was most interested in.

"Do not listen to him, I think you are perfect." Naerys scrunched her nose up when the dragon lifted his head and tried to nip at the tip of her nose. Daemon watched with a small smile. The events of the night before had fled his mind and he did not wish to ruin such a monumental moment for his sister. It was very unusual for a dragons egg to hatch without an infant. Sometimes they would hatch on their own but they did not live long enough to see the light.

"Have you thought of a name for him?" Daemon took a sip of his drink and side eyed his sister. She softly ran her hands down his still sensitive scales and smiled.

"This may seem childish, but Ligthries." Daemon raised an eyebrow.

"Like that stuffed dragon you carried around as a child?" Daemon chuckled to himself. Naerys hummed in response and hissed with the small dragon nipped a little too hard at her finger. "I will have the servants bring some meat. If not he might find his mother a fine enough meal."

"It doesn't hurt." Daemon was not sure if she was telling him that or reassuring the dragon that he did not hurt her.

"Are you alright? From this morning?" Daemon knew how awkward a question it was. Naerys did not dare look at her brother but instead continued to look down at Ligthries.

"Yes, the maester gifted me some herbs and the handmaidens made sure I had everything I needed." Naerys chewed her inner cheek and finally turned to face her brother. "Last night-"

Daemon raised his hand to stop her. "There is nothing to apologize for. You were drunk and the fault is mine for not stopping you sooner." That was that. Daemon would not speak on the topic any longer.

Naerys decided that it was be a good idea to allow Ligthries to spread his wings for the first time. It was her Name Day and she would spend it how she wanted. Most of the servants whispered about how dirty she would be, carrying the infant dragon in her arms and on her shoulder at times. Ligthries snaked his way around her neck and over her shoulder, hanging down to rest in the crook of her arm.

He was much lengthier that most newborn dragons. They would spend days curled up into themselves for warmth, but Ligthries was already outstretched and trying to fly off. Naerys lead Daemon to the fields near an over cliff. She allowed Ligthries down from her shoulder and the dragon immediately turned tail, chirping and screeching up at Naerys to put him back on her shoulder.

"Māzigon byka mēre, kostā gaomagon ziry. (Come little one, you can do it.)" Naerys gave the dragon soft encouragement. The dragon outstretched his wings, attempting to bring himself off of the rock. Naerys cheered in glee when he managed to flap himself a few inches off the ground. The dragon gave an irritated huff when he came crashing back to earth again.

Naerys kneeled down and scratched under the little dragons chin. "You will fly, I promise you." Daemon handed Naerys the plate of raw meat the kitchen had prepared. It was beef and was so mouthed watering that Ligthries jumped, trying to snatch the plate from her hands. "Easy little one, you must have patience."

"If he learns that from his mother, we will all be doomed." Naerys slapped Daemon's chest after his comment. She pushed Ligthries back a couple of inches and laid the plate on the ground. "Lykiri, Ligthries!" The dragon cocked his head, he tried to take a small step and Naerys stuck her palm out to him. "Ligthries!"

Daemon watched the fussy dragon settle down, dropping his head but keeping a close eye on Naerys. Naerys plucked a piece of meat and tossed it up in the air. Ligthries took off to the sky, violently flapping his wings until he caught the meat mid air. Even Daemon gave a clap and a loud laugh. The tiny dragon gobbled up his meat and chirped happily.

Daemon kneeled down next to his sister and gave Ligthries his own affection. "He seems eager to work. That is a great sign." Naerys seemed lost in thought and Daemon took notice. "Something on your mind?"

"I could come back to King's Landing with you. I could be a Dragon Rider. I have been taking lessons!" Ligthries seemed to be excited as well, climbing up to the meat and eating the remainder of his food.

"Naerys, you know why we cannot do that." Daemon tried to speak softly and carefully.

"Why not? I have my own dragon now! Sure, he is small now but-"

"Naerys."

"We could fly side by side-"

"Naerys."

"I could be-"

"Naerys enough!" Daemon raised his voice and Naerys crumpled down, defeated. Daemon immediately regretted raising his voice but knew the truth must be spoken. "Viserys will not grant you to be a part of his forces. Nevertheless, be allowed back in his halls. I must keep you hidden." The word hidden triggered something in Naerys. It was a word she hated with a fiery passion. She stood up, clutching her skirts and Daemon also stood to his full height.

"I am a shame to our family. I do not want to be hidden anymore! I want to make my own name!" Naerys was raising her voice into a shout now. Daemon crossed his arms infront of him and shuffled on his feet.

"You will. I will find you a husband-"

"Enough! I do not want to marry. I do not want to bare icky spawn who cry and who will have more rights then I will ever have!" It was jealousy now. She was jealous of what her children might have that she was never gifted. Daemon placed a hand on her shoulder, his fingers digging into her shoulder as she cried in frustration. "I want you!"

Daemon's mouth fell upon hers like a shooting star. It was dirty, it was immoral but it felt like they had both been waiting a lifetime for this. Naerys hands shot up and buried themselves in her brothers long white locks. Daemon was hesitant on touching her but when he finally wrapped his arms around her lithe body, it felt perfect.

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring upon ourselves." Daemon panted against Naerys swollen lips. She stood on her tippy toes and Daemon pulled back just enough so she started to strain. "We should not do this."

"You should not leave either. So be with me. Be one with me even if it is just for a short time." Naerys pushed his wild strands away from his face. Daemon dipped his head back down and they shared a passionate, sloppy kiss.

He looked at her like she had dreamed of being looked at her entire life. Wanted. Needed. Desired. The whole world could have crashed around the two but neither of them would have noticed anything other then how the other