ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 23: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢

Dallon did not want to leave his new friend

Dallon did not want to leave his new friend. His belly aches for anxiety. He had not made any friends his own age back in Dorne. His mother made sure to not allow him far from her sight. The occasional maid brought her child into their home once in awhile but he did not make a connection like he had with Cregan.

Cregan helped him load up his horse. The boys did not exchange many words but they did not need to. Naerys came from the manor with extra furs in her hands. Frynne was not far behind with a package of food hooked over her shoulder.

"We should be set to depart. I cannot leave this fridged hell fast enough." Frynne mumbled under her heated breath. She hoisted the food onto the back of the horse and strapped it in place. Naerys had yet to tell Frynne all of the secrets of her mother and she was not sure she could. Especially not to her precious boy.

Her son stood whispering to Cregan near the stables. She could see him exchange something to the older boy and she watched with curiosity. The boys whispered further to each other before embracing in a quick hug. Naerys felt her heart melt from the ice cold it was suffering in the North.

Frynne laid a hand on her shoulder, signaling it was time for their departure. Naerys picked up the edge of her skirts and approached the young boys.

"It is time, dragonfly." Naerys kneeled down just slightly so she was the same height as the boys. She softly laid a hand on Cregan's shoulder. "Thank you for showing kindness to my son."

"We are friends. That's what friends do." Cregan's spoke in a "matter-of-fact" tone. Naerys laughed and ruffled his brown curls.

"Of course." Naery's rubbed Dallon's shaking shoulders. She did not know if her was holding back a sob or shivering from the cold. The crunching of snow caused Naerys to lift her head. Lady Gilliane approached with a bundle of food tucked away in her arms. It was still so fresh that steam rose from the cauldron.

"For the trip back home. I know it must be very long." Naery's hesitantly took the food from the Lady Stark. She would be sure to ask Frynne to check the containments later. As Naerys reached out, Gilliane laid a hand softly upon her shoulder. "Lady Naerys, you have friends here in Winterfell. Do not forget that."

Gilliane kneeled down to the sniffling boys, laying a hand on each of their heads. "Little Lord Dallon is welcome back whenever he likes."

Dallon's nose scrunched. "I am not a Lord. I'm a-"

Bastard.

Naerys knew the next word to leave his lips but Gilliane was faster in cutting him off.

"A fine young man who will earn all riches owed to him." Gilliane adjusted Dallon's furs tighter against his body and took Cregan's hand. "Say goodbye sweetling."

Cregan wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and gave a sad wave. Dallon raised his hand in a similar, sad graze. Frynne took the food from Naerys, being sure to give a safe sniff for any signs of poison.

Rickon Stark watched from the balcony overlooking the center of his castle. He watched the family load on their horses, only giving a small look over their shoulders as they left the kingdom.

I'm his hand was the crumpled remains of a letter, with the Targaryen seal.

~~

A grueling month had passed and an odd discomfort had grown between Frynne and Naerys. There were secrets still left unheard and the tension was becoming increasingly sick. The last boat ride until they were back home, was filled only with Dallon becoming ill of the harsh waves. Frynne pushed back Dallon's hair, hushing him as he released the remains of his stomach into the sea.

That night was restless. Sleeping under the ship floor was miserable and hot. Both women had stripped down into nothing but bare bones. Dallon felt better sleeping on the floor, curled up with countless blankets. The women had not touched each other in weeks, barely whispering sentences to each other.

Now neither of them could sleep, staring up at the creaking floorboards. Naerys was the first to speak. "I believe what my mother said." Naerys processed the words before she spoke them. Frynne rolled over on her side, propping herself up with an elbow to gaze over her lover. "Something bad will happen to Dallon-"

"Shut up." Frynne had hardly ever spoken harsh words to her. Naery's immediately clamped her mouth shut, holding the blankets up against her chest. "As long as I am still here and breathing, nothing will harm you. Nothing." Frynne laid a hand on Naerys chest between her collarbone. Her touch was welcoming, something Naerys had missed incredibly.

"One day we might not be here." Naerys hated to hear the words, she hated that a world could exist where she would not be on the same ground as her son. Frynne pushed the sheet off of Naery's gleaming chest. The thin undershirt was soaked in sweat and nothing was left to the imagination. The peaks of her breast hardened under Frynne's calculating gaze but she simply laid her head on Naerys chest.

"That is cruel." Naerys grumbled under her breath. Frynne responded with a swift nip of her nipple, drawing a whimper from the younger woman underneath her. "Bitch..."

Frynne lifted her head and rested her chin on Naery's lower belly. "You left me in the dark for a month, my love. Perhaps when we return home...." Frynne's fingers danced up Naery's thigh and the woman immediately parted them under Frynne's touch. Dark black curls framed Frynne's face and shielded the mischievous grin Frynne held. Frynne cupped Naery's heated sex, barely pressing her slender fingers against the warm slit.

Frynne clicked her tongue in disappointment. "Already so wet? A Targaryen Princess aching for the touch of the assassin who was meant to kill her?" Frynne was quick to cover Naery's quivering lips, cutting off the moan that came from her when Frynne's fingers pressed into her core.

As quick as Frynne touched her, the woman was quick to remove all touch from the princess.

"Get some rest sweet girl. You will need it."

~~

Naerys had never been happier to feel the blazing heat of Dorne. Their home almost looked untouched. Their gang of misfits did leave traces of alcohol and dirt behind, but both women welcomed the site.

Dallon entered his room with his head hung low. He would continue to be lonely once more. Naerys followed her son up the stairs to where he sat on his bed, staring out of his window. Naerys wiped the sweat from her brow and took a seat next to him. Her son easily had the best room.

It overlooked the great sandy planes of Dorne, it looked even more beautiful at night. Dallon had his knees pulled up to his chest. "We will visit them soon, sweetling." Dallon shrugged his shoulders.

"I just wish I could be normal." Dallon lifted his head again to expose a shivering lower lip. Naerys felt her heart ache for her sweet boy. She opened her mouth to speak, but Frynne came burning in with a letter signed to Naerys.

Laena Velaryon was dead.