ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 ճ: 𝔘𝔫𝔰𝔭𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔰

Naerys and Frynne strolled around the Dragonstone walls

Naerys and Frynne strolled around the Dragonstone walls. Ligthries flew beside the pair, his wings outstretched and the yellow hues of his scales reflected off of the sunlight. Naerys looked to the skies with a smile. The baggy dress grew tighter around her middle and Frynne moved to help her adjust it. "Princess, you must be careful. Someone might see."

"Right. Sorry." Naerys quickly covered her stomach with folded hands. When she had found out she was pregnant, Frynne was the only one she dare tell. Besides the Maester who Frynne threatened with violence if he so much as whispered of the pregnancy. Frynne held her hand and Naerys felt comfort. "Daemon is to return today."

"Are you excited?" Naerys feelings, especially with her pregnancy, wavered about her brother. One moment she hated his very existence and wished him dead, the next she wanted him to hold her and know about the existence of his child. She dare not speak of it in letters for they could be easily intercepted. She hoped her existence in King's Landing was little to none now.

"Yes, I will have this child with or without Daemon." Naerys was right with her words. Nothing could change her decision for having this child. Frynne took a deep sigh and leaned against the wall as they stopped to look out into the sea.

"It is not too late to change your mind. You can still live a happy life."

"Who says I am not happy?" Naerys shook her head and inhaled sharply. "It is my body and it shall be my decision."

Frynne squeezed Naerys hand. "Then beside you I shall stay." Naerys felt grateful that she had someone like Frynne at her side. Frynne had tried to convince her to drink the elixir the Maester had brought the morning they met. She just poured the drink out of the window and Frynne was flabbergasted. She did not even try to wait until the Maester left. The old man stood gawking at the lake for awhile after that.

"They say my brother won the battle against the Crab-Feeder. My cousin Corlys and Daemon went behind the King's back to start a war they could not finish quick enough. King of the Stepstones and the Narrow Sea, Daemon has named himself." Naerys laughed and Ligthries landed beside her on the wall. He dipped his head down just enough for his mother to scratch under his chin. "He seems to quite enjoy pissing off our older brother."

"Why do you stay?" Frynne questioned, turning so her back was leaned against the wall. "Ligthries is big enough now to carry you across the Narrow Sea. You could flee and start your own life."

"Westeros is not like Dorne. Women are treated as prizes and toys. It is nearly impossible for a woman to make a name for herself without a husband. Even Visenya, who was quite possibly a better conqueror than her brother, is always overshadowed by her male counterpart." Naerys watched Ligthries take off to the sky again. His figure disappeared into the fog.

"My apologies, Princess." Frynne took a short bow and Naerys waved her off.

"Besides, I could not leave you here." Naerys took the other woman's hand and smiled. Frynne seemed to stumble on her words. The Princess had treated her with nothing but kindness. She was quite honestly the only person in Dragonstone that would dare even try to make conversation. Naerys had suggested she leave the servants quarters to stay in her room. At first Frynne declined. What would the other servants think? What would her brother think?

But soon enough Frynne arrived with her small belongings and a spare pillow. Both women spent many nights just sitting up reading together. It was quite, comforting and just them. Every once in awhile one of them would run to the other, showing the other a juicy passage of the story they were reading.

"We could ride to Dorne. I can show you my home." Frynne interlaced their fingers together. Both women looked down at their hands and then back to one another. Naerys reached up gently as to not startle the other woman. She lightly traced the small scar under Frynne's eye.

"I would like that. Perhaps after the baby is born we can leave together." Her fingers then moved to the bridge of Frynne's nose and then dipped over her parted lips. "What secrets do you hide, Frynne?"

"The only secret I keep is how I am able to braid your hair every morning." The two women laughed and Naerys wrapped her arms around Frynne in a hug. The older woman returned the favor, resting her cheek on Naerys head.

She could feel the guilt in her gut bubbling.

The two parted when they heard the familiar shriek of a dragon. Naerys removed her hand from Frynne and did not notice the woman still trying to lean into her touch. She picked up the edge of her skirt and grabbed Frynne's hand. "Daemon!"

The two took off to the landing spot of Caraxes. Naerys could see the dragons massive neck peak out of the walls. The stairs were not match for her but Frynne had difficult keeping up. The two women ran across the dusty floor to where Caraxes met Naerys.

The woman wrapped her arms around the Dragon's neck as best she could. Caraxes was still her first favorite dragon. He bent his head in a protective way. Naerys laughed at his happy sniffles and chirps. He did not sound like most dragons but she loved that he was different that way. Frynne, who was still attached to one of her hands, gave her arm a short tug and whispered into her ear.

"Princess?"

Naerys turned to Frynne and saw what she was so adamant on showing her. It was her brother on dragon-back as normal. But there was someone in front of him straddling the saddle. It was a woman with long dark hair and she was dressed in the tiniest clothing Naerys had seen. She was pressed taunt against Daemon. Her brother. Her first lover. She allowed Frynne to pull her back from Caraxes as Daemon dismounted.

Naerys could not so much as look at him. She looked to the ground and stiffened when his footsteps approached her. Frynne stood right by her side but also looked away from the silver haired man. Daemon stopped a few inches away from Naerys and examined her. She had gained a little bit of weight, her face was fuller now and her cheeks glowed. She looked good and healthy, happy even. Her hair was pulled back into a long braid with face framing pieces blowing in the crisp wind.

The woman he had brought dropped down to the ground with difficulty. She hung back a few feet to give the siblings their time. "Sister, you look well."

Naerys brought her eyes to Daemon. He had cut his hair short. It was shorter than Naerys had ever seen it. He walked with more of a limp now. His face and neck held more scars than she had remembered. "I wish I could say the same of you." Naerys voice was cold. Daemon was not sure when he had heard Naerys be so angry. She looked around Daemon's side to the woman who stood behind him. "Another one of your toys?"

Daemon stepped in Naerys way of vision. He sulked over her and she could feel her heart ache before he even spoke. "This is Mysaria. She is to be my wife."