ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9: 𝔑𝔬 𝔉𝔬𝔬𝔩

Frynne had been shoving clothing into sacks all morning

Frynne had been shoving clothing into sacks all morning. Naerys could not bring herself to stand for too long. She did not finish her conversation with Daemon well. But she knew the truth. If she did not flee yet again, she was putting herself and her child in danger. Frynne tied back her long black hair and look to Naerys who could not stop looking through the window.

"Princess, we must hurry. We do not have much time." Frynne would be the only companion she would have on this trip. She had been the only one besides Daemon to show her kindness. Naerys turned to Frynne with a scowl.

"What do you gain by taking me away? Is my brother paying you handsomely?" Her voice was filled with malice. Frynne sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

"You brother offered me enough gold that I would live comfortably wherever I choose. I denied it." Frynne took Naerys hands in her own, looking down at the rings on the girls fingers. "I wish to help you."

"So you pity me?" Naerys pulled her hands away from Frynne, her eyes narrowed. Frynne reached out to stroke Naerys warm cheek. The girl had not felt a kind touch in months. She was not even sure if her coupling with Daemon had been kind.

"I see myself in you. I...I have not been honest with you." Frynne moved her thumb down to trace Naerys bottom lip. She could not deny the way her heart fluttered at the smallest of glances to the young girl. Yet she could not keep her true intentions at bay. Naerys watched her friend with worried eyes. She grabbed at the hand cupping her face and stood slowly. "Your brother is not the one who hired me to be your handmaiden."

Naerys brows furrowed in confusion. "Who are you?"

Frynne sat down on the bed, patting the spot beside of her. Naerys sat down cautiously. "I will start with the truth. I am from Dorne, I did come to Westeros for a chance at a better life, and my name is Frynne." Frynne bit her lower lip out of nervousness. "Qoren Nymeros Martell is my half brother. I am the bastard child of course." Frynne tried to make a light joke but Naerys leaned back away from Frynne.

"You are royalty?"

Frynne laughed and sucked in her bottom lip. "I am as much royalty as you are, my lady." Frynne looked at the gold and emerald ring on her middle finger. "Dragons are a valuable tool of war. Targaryens have mastered that tool for decades. My mission here was to, obtain one if not many of these eggs." Frynne was bouncing her leg in anxiousness. Naerys slowly moved herself from Frynne a few inches but the dark haired woman was quick to finish. "I used the cover of a handmaiden so my presence would not raise alarms."

Naerys looked down at her lap. The only friend she had only sought to steal from her. Frynne kneeled before her, cupping both of her hands and looked up to her. "I wanted to please my brother. I wanted to earn my keep in the family so bad." Frynne reached up to cup Naerys heated cheek. "You have shown me that family does not need to be blood."

Naerys watched Frynne, studying her face. If she had wanted, she could have murdered Naerys at her most vulnerable state and stolen her dragon. Yet she chose to stay, chose to help her.

"I just wanted someone to genuinely care for me." Naerys wrapped her arms around her bulging middle. It felt as if it was her child and her against the world. Frynne carefully moved Naerys hands away from her stomach. She rested her palm on Naerys belly instead.

"I can protect you both. Just allow me the chance." Frynne touched her in such a careful, light way. It was something Naerys had barely experienced in her life. Before Naerys could speak, the door to her quarters was pushed open and a guard walked in with a hand on his sword. Frynne pulled Naerys up and behind her, using her own body as a shield.

The guard was a former Gold Cloak. For the past day or so, more and more had shown up at the Dragonstone doorstep. They held a firm loyalty to her brother but Naerys was not fond or trusting of them.

"Lady Naerys, Otto Hightower has arrived with a small force. Prince Daemon has instructed me to take you to the ship early." Frynne instructed the guard to carry their bags, each shoulder carrying a sack. Frynne grabbed Naerys hand and the three snuck from the halls and down toward the docks.

They had passed an army of guards of Naerys covered her ears from the sound of the loud bells. It was as if they were being attacked. She assumed that there could be a battle if her brothers hot-headed nature rose it's head. Which it usually did.

Naerys heard the shriek of a a dragon above. She stopped in the middle of the hall and climbed up into the window. Above her, was a yellow sun struck dragon. It had landed on the bridge and it shook it's head, exposing a sharp row of teeth. Frynne tried to pull her from the window but as soon as her feet hit the ground, she took off towards the bridge.

"Princess!" Frynne's pleas for her return fell on deaf ears. Naerys scaled the stairs with ease, holding a hand to her tummy. She had hoped to enter silently, but as soon as she started walking across the bridge, all eyes were drawn to her. Daemon was the one to look beyond surprised to see her. His face was covered in anger but Naery's curiosity lie elsewhere.

A young girl slide from dragon-back. She was a few years younger than Naerys herself. Her long white hair was braided back but Naerys would recognize the girl anywhere. "Rhaenyra?"

Rhaenyra was taken aback. Her eyes wandered the older woman before realization buzzed inside of her brain. "Naery?" Her voice moves from a stern stare to excitement. The two women met in the middle for a hug. Naerys buried her face in Rhanerya's silver locks and she giggled in happiness. Rhanerya reached down to rest her hand on Naerys stomach. She looked up to Naerys and then to Daemon.

Frynne had rushed through the crowd of Gold Cloaks, picking up the edge of her skirts while elbowing her way through. "Princess, your husband is waiting for you!" Naerys was confused by the statement, giving Frynne a confused glance.

"Husband?" Rhaenyra questioned, holding onto her aunts hand. It had been so long since they had seen each other and now they were being ripped apart again. "Please, don't go I wish to talk to you."

Naerys looked between Daemon, Rhaenerya and Frynne. "I-.."

"Your father banished Naerys for her parentage. Would you want her child to suffer the same?" Daemon chuckled and Naerys felt her heart break. Naerys kissed Rhaenerya's hand, giving her a soft sad smile.

"We will speak later. Why have you come to Dragonstone?"

"Your brother stole an egg from us. It was meant for my deceased baby brother." Rhaenerya looked around Naerys to Daemon. The egg. Naerys was about to expose the whole plan, her entire secret, but Daemon stepped forward and put his hand on Naery's shoulder. Tucked in his arm was another egg, much smaller than the one he had gifted their child. Naerys reached out and tucked a stray hair behind Rhaenerya's ear.

"You are just as beautiful as your Mother." Rhaenerya gave a shaky smile and wrapped Naerys in a hug again. Naerys lifted her eyes to Otto who was obviously not an idiot. Naerys parted from the hug and held Rhanerya's face between her hands. "Gaomagon daor ivestragī zirȳla mittys ao."

Do not let him fool you.