ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11: 𝔐𝔶 𝔗𝔲𝔯𝔫 𝔉𝔬𝔯 ℌ𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰

Naerys arrived to her modest abode, drenched in sweat but she wore a proud smile

Naerys arrived to her modest abode, drenched in sweat but she wore a proud smile. The raid had went more well than she could ever hope. The company her and Frynne founded was growing and making a name for itself. Frynne had even been contacted by her older brother about odd jobs. Naerys whistled a time old tune as she entered her home. They had once lived in a small three room hut that leaked when it rained and gathered sand.

Now they were living lavishly in an open floor mansion of sorts. A gorgeous courthouse garden was planted in the middle. Vines curled up around the columns. Frynne was surprised the plants were growing so large and so quickly in the heat.

Naerys opened the door to her bedroom and was greeted with the sweetest sight. Her son was in the floor with Frynne, playing with his little wooden knights. As soon as he heard the door open his face lit up and he stumbled to his feet. "Mother!"

Naerys snatched the boy from the ground and held him in her arms. She kissed across his face and relished in his sweet laughter. "Oh, my sweet boy! Have you behaved for Miss Frynne?"

Dallon possessed the same opposite eyes as his mother. Naerys often wondered if her mother had the same eyes as them. "Yes mama!" The young boy wrinkled his nose at the door all over his mothers face. "You look funny."

"I look funny do I?" Naerys wore a mischievous grin and she rubbed her face against Dallon's. The boy squealed in surprise and kicked his feet, trying to move away. "If you wish to ride Fyremir one day, you have to get used to the funny look."

Naerys did not think the boys dragon egg would hatch. She had fully believed the one Daemon had gifted her was the false egg he returned to Rhaenerya. But as Dallon lay in his crib one night soon after his birth, his egg began to crack open. A small, nearly pure black beast curled up against her son.

Frynne scooped Dallon from his mother and held him at arms length. "Great, now you both need a bath." Frynne rolled her eyes before attacking the boys cheek in a barrage of kisses too. Dallon squealed like a piglet and finally managed to free himself from the women's hold. "Go find Inara for your bath. Run along." Dallon was a good boy. He always listened to what his parents asked of him.

As the boy ran off to find his mothers Lady in Waiting, Frynne scooped up his mother in a blinding kiss. Naerys dropped the bag she was carrying, caught off guard by the act of passion. She wrapped her arms around Frynne's shoulders, her breath fading quickly from the intensity of the kiss. "Do not leave for that long again."

"You know I cannot promise that. But I bring gifts." Naerys shared a parting kiss and opened her satchel. She pulled from it a golden circlet. It was adorned with a large purple stone in the center with smaller stones extending the arms. She carefully slid it against Frynne's head and leaned back to admire her work. "Perfect."

"Gifts cannot fill the void your absence leaves."  Frynne raised a knowing eyebrow at her lover. She would not pick at the length of time any longer. Naerys looked exhausted. Riding on dragon-back for six weeks had done a number on her. "But it is beautiful."

"There is much more where that came from." Naerys leaned down and grabbed the back of Frynne's thighs. She moved to lift the woman up and back against the stone pillar but Frynne stood strong. Naerys may have grown stronger and more skilled but Frynne was her master. The woman did not budge but instead grabbed Naerys face, her fingers digging into her jaw.

"Hush now. You deserve much rest." Frynne straightened her posture and ravaged Naerys with her eyes. "I will be sure to show my gratitude tonight. That I promise you." Frynne chuckled and licked against Naerys parted lips. The young woman sighed happily with a light smirk.

A weight clashed against her legs and Naerys nearly toppled. She looked down to see Dallon's wide and happy eyes staring up at her. His long white hair was braided back and now he had his own mysterious black matter smeared on his face. "My boy, what do you have on your face?"

"I look like you now Mama!"

Dallon giggled and showed his mother the same mysterious black substance on his hands. Naerys opened her mouth to speak but no words came to her. Frynne took the boys hand and examined the mysterious black dirt.

"Oh dear."

~

A bathed, slumbering Dallon curled up against his mothers chest. He had not left her side since she returned. Even while he ate he made sure to keep a watchful eye on Naerys. Naerys ran her fingers through his silver curls while she continued to hum a tune. Frynne changed into her own nightgown, removing the circlet Naerys had gifted her.

Inara helped Frynne removed any jewelry or trinkets. Just like her lover and their son, she was bathed in the finest of parfume's and flowers. Naerys was grateful she did not stink of horse shit and sweat any longer. Inara approached Naerys with her arms outstretched to take Dallon to his own bed.

"Not tonight." Naerys gave the young girl a soft smile and kissed the top of his head. She wanted her son to be as close to her as possible. Frynne dismissed the maiden and climbed into bed alongside Naerys. It had been so long since they slept side by side. She circled an arm around Naerys waist and pulled her warm body against hers.

"I am sorry we will not have the monumental reunion we both dreamed of." Naerys laughed and kissed Frynne's head. The woman smiled and cupped her sun burned cheek. Naerys had gained many a scar from her past expeditions. She had grown a bit and her hair seemed to be stained with dragon tar at this point. But she was ever the more beautiful to Frynne.

"This," Frynne rubbed Dallon's back, smiling at the way he softly cooed in his sleep. "Is the best reunion I could think of." Frynne but her lip in thought and looked to their desk where the invitation lay. "Rhaenerya is getting married. To Laenor Velaryon."

"Perhaps she is relieved to be away from Viserys and his child bride." Naerys did not like speaking of her half brothers much. She would much rather think of her true family now.

"Rhaenerya has sent an invitation. Forgive me for reading it but she misses you." Naerys sighed and covered her eyes with her arm. Frynne kissed her shoulder and lay in silence.

"I thought I had put that part of my life behind me. The Pyre's, you and Dallon are the only ones I care about." Frynne knew she was lying through her teeth. She did not want to press further but knew it would be in her best interest to at least speak to Rhaenerya.

"Just think about it, darling. Dallon will be safe here and you will get to see your niece on one of the best days of her life." Frynne laid her head on Naerys shoulder, tracing shapes into her collarbone.

"My most important days have passed. Now it is my turn to have my happiness."