Six

tw: This chapter contains mentions of self-harm and abuse. Read with caution.

Draco seemed overwhelmed when he dragged my sobbing body into the empty common room while everyone else was at dinner. I'd expected him to release me when we had entered, but he didn't. Instead, he pulled me up the stairs towards the boy's dormitories and forced a door open before I was shoved inside the cold room.

"I'm so close to giving you Sleeping Drought if you don't stop fighting against me." He grunted while he held me back from running out the door. He locked it behind his back, and I looked up at him with nothing but anger.

"Why would you do that?!" I shouted at him. His hard face was almost amused while he scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Don't tell me you really thought Nott and I were dumb enough to have left you alone with him while he was that worked up. After what happened during the Holiday?" He gave me a bitter laugh. "Are you stupid? Where are your brains that everyone's always so fond of?" He said harshly.

"You should have left me!" I screamed back at him as I shoved him into the wooden door. A silenced covered us following my outburst and his ragged breathing was all I could hear.

"Are you okay?" His voice came out dangerously low. My furrowed brows and harsh gaze didn't falter as he tried speaking to me. "Where does it hurt?" His eyes stung as they moved over my body to guess what lied beneath the surface of my clothes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shook my head in denial.

"Tell me right now." He said sharply.

His eyes were starting to make me feel the fear he intended my stomach to expect. I stayed a distance from Malfoy all these years for a reason. Graham wanted it that way, and I would rather stay to myself than deal with his questions.

"I don't have to tell you anything." I replied lowly. I waited for his impatience to kick in and for a remark to leave his lips, but a new look that wasn't him took over his face.

I never thought I'd see the day where Draco Malfoy— who had picked on me and shut me out for years, was known for how heartless he was, the boy who used girls like they were made for his disposal, and was one of the next Death Eater's in line— was pitying me because of how I was treated.

"What did he do before we came in? What does he always do when no one's there to stop him?" He mumbled with his eyes locked on mine. I couldn't think of what to say anymore. "Don't make me look for myself-"

"You wouldn't." I tested him. Anger flushed my cheeks just like it had his. "He didn't do anything-"

"Don't." His eyes were darker now, and he balled up his fists until the knuckles turned white. "Don't ever fucking lie to me." He repeated the same statement he said the last time we had this conversation. "I saw what he did to your neck at his manor. I heard what he did today. I've seen the bruises before. Don't defend him any longer." His teeth gritted. "Tell me what you want me to do-"

"Don't do anything. That's what I want. You'll make everything worse!" I was starting to grow more upset. Our chests heaved just a few inches apart. His crystal eyes pierced my soul while he listened.

"I'm so sorry, Rook." Draco mumbled. I looked at his apologetic face with confusion on mine before my head started throbbing uncontrollably.

"Ow!" I winced before I felt my legs giving out. My hands grasped my forehead quickly, and I felt Draco's cold hands catch my elbows as I fell towards the floor, his wand clutched against my bicep as he performed his spell. I winced away from the touch, but he didn't let go.