Ten

"It'll be a few days I think. Maybe longer." Graham helped me pack up my trunk that sat on his bed. "The Dark Lord didn't give me many details. He just requested I join him." He didn't meet my eyes as he tucked my shoes away. This morning I had been missing Blaise and Tundra more than ever, and I couldn't wait until I got back to school to see the two of them.

My nausea had yet to settle from last night's horrors— all thanks be to the silver eyes that stared into mine as I got fucked like a slag. My head was throbbing and my eyes burned from the hysterical tizzy I had sent myself into through out the night. Graham lost his patience after the third or fourth nightmare that had showed me all the horrible things Malfoy planned to torment me with now.

"Be safe, okay?" My hoarse voice croaked out. His tired eyes flickered towards me as I gave him a weak smile from where I sat on his bed.

He was still irritated. I wished he would have thought to give me a Sleeping Potion sooner, but my screaming and crying every couple hours drove him so mad, the idea slipped his mind.

He was gentle the first time I woke him up. Then he was annoyed. Then he was screaming in my face and holding me down by my throat to shut me up. He didn't enjoy being woken up at 5 o'clock in the morning with a hangover and a girlfriend that wouldn't stop panicking at his side.

I was still waiting for us to exchange apologies before I took off to Hogwarts without him. He pinched the bridge of his nose after he stared at my broken figure for a minute before he rounded the bed to meet me on the opposite side.

"Do you know why I did what I did last night?" He kept his voice low as he sat next to me. I bit my cracked lips and nodded. "Do you think I like punishing you all the time?" He asked slowly. I shook my head. "You have to be reminded that we have rules in place, Rain. You have a place that you need to be kept in." He explained further.

I wasn't upset as I listened. I agreed. I hadn't even had the strength to worry about Malfoy any longer. Something broke inside of me last night when Graham was trying to muffle the sounds I was making. Something that I hoped could be fixed.

"Come here, love." He grabbed ahold of me and pulled me towards him. His annoyance didn't falter, but at least he made the effort to place me across his lap and wrap his arms around my waist in a gentle embrace. "Pucey is going to keep an eye on you at school." That gained my attention.

"I'll be good." I mumbled. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before his thumb traced the purple blotch under my right eye. I winced away from the sting it brought.

"I know you will be. It just gives me peace of mind if someone's looking out for you." More like if you know my every step of every day. "But if you do anything-"

"I'll be good." I kept my eyes on my fingers in my lap as my bottom lip quivered. "I promise." My voice croaked.

"Shhh," Graham gently pressed his lips against the side of my head, letting them linger against my black locks of hair. "I don't like it when you're upset. It makes me upset." He whispered to me. I laid my head on his shoulder and sniffled away my sadness. The stinging in my eyes and lump in my throat still hung around like a shadow.

"I'll miss you... more than anything." He poked my side, making me giggle unwillingly from the tickle of it. "I'll come back as soon as I can, Ray." I could hear his smile reflecting my small one as he spoke.

"I'll miss you more." I sighed.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I dragged my wooden chair against the floor and sat down in my usual seat for charms. I waited anxiously for the blonde to come and take his seat next to me. The seconds ticked on, and Pucey striding towards me made me feel worse than I already had.