Twenty-One

tw: This chapter contains sexual content. Read with caution.

The last thing I wanted to do was go to class. My head was pounding like a drum and I looked like a walking nightmare. Sleep hadn't been coming so easy with the thoughts racing through my brain. A few days without Draco had really put a damper on my mood— more than I had ever felt possible.

He was an escape, even though he shouldn't have been. I hadn't realized how much I looked forward to him distracting my days, if not just to pick on me and give me the slightest fraction of his attention. Just to hear his voice, see his eyes, and smell his scent that lingered in my airway for minutes after I had seen him. But when he was gone, it ached for no reason and felt like time was dragging until I'd see him again.

I rubbed some cold water over my sunken face and tightened the high ponytail that I pulled my long locks into. Messy pieces fell out around my cheeks, and I rubbed my temples to ease some of the tension building up behind my eyes.

When had I eaten last? Doesn't matter. I hadn't slept in days anyway, the crash would come sooner or later.

"Bunny?" My burning eyes widened when I heard my door click shut. "Baby, are you in here?"

I was paralyzed. If it weren't for the shiver that ran down the exposed skin above my high socks and below my skirt, I'd have thought my heart completely stopped and my body was dead.

I felt cursed. Like I couldn't resist the boy I heard walking across the wooden floors of my dorm no matter how hard I tried. He was here again after waiting for so long. And after our time apart— I felt confused.

"Ray," He crooned from the bathroom door. I turned as slow as death and met chocolate eyes that had been gone for too long; so warm and inviting like they had melted in the sun. "Hi, bunny." His glistening teeth smiled at me.

I could smell the remnants of the dark magic rolling off of his robes. It was a tang that stung my nose like nothing I had ever felt. He hadn't even bothered to change before he came back here— his first instinct was to come to me.

Now, my guilt truly consumed me.

"Graham." I breathed dreamily, blinking a few times to adjust to the sight of him in front of me.

"Rain." He took a step forward and had my jaw in his palm a second later, kissing me deeply to relieve himself from his cravings of touch. An inkling of me fluttered at the sensation, the warm and home like feeling of him spreading through my gut.

When he pulled away a small noise escaped my parted lips. Something close to a sob, and my shaky fingers moved over his chest in front of me.

"My beautiful love." He picked me up in a swift motion and placed me on the counter behind me. "You have no idea how much I missed you." He let his hands roam over me to take in every inch of my body, and I pressed my hands against the sides of my head to control the headache that was now growing.

Draco. Graham. Draco. Graham. Draco.

"I-" I laid my forehead in his shoulder, and felt his hand rub the back of my neck soothingly. My breathing was still accelerating into a panic like no other.

"Shhh. I'm here now. You're okay. It's okay." He whispered, kissing my head wherever he could reach. This was a reminder of the boy I had loved. This is why I tended to forget the other side of him that could be so evil. I was choosing to be blind because of moments like this.

"Graham, please don't leave again." I clinched the fabric of his black robes to tug him closer. "Don't leave me again." I looked up at him and shook my head.