Chapter 4

"And that's the story of how I embarrassed the shit out of me."

"And all I got from that was the fact that you're an inexperienced Sugar Baby and you need help."

Chenle groaned and thumped his head against the table, Donghyuck being weirdly silent as he was gradually overcome with a solution. 

Oh he had just the thing!

"Okay, I have the solution! Practice on a vegetable like a carrot or cucumber!"

Chenle's eyes widened, lifting his head to stare at his friend with the most mortified expression he could muster. What the actual fuck?

"Hyuck? That’s- That’s actually, that’s a great idea!"

Donghyuck nodded eagerly, expressing pride at his ‘big brain’ ideas that would surely save lives, standing up to head to his final class as Chenle headed in the opposite direction to finish his last two classes of the day.

The only hitch in all his excitement was the fact that Donghyuck did not, in fact, have good ideas in the first place. It was evident that his friend didn’t know shit about giving advice but in his state of desperation and complete lack of process capabilities, he thought it was a grand idea. One that would give him at least some form of leverage from his current ground level.

So that's how he found himself in his kitchen in the late of night. A little after midnight, one might add, because Chenle was determined to practice at a time where not a soul was lingering and only darkness welcomed him with cool arms.

Into the fridge drawer he went, hands rummaging to find the two vegetables and comparing them, deciding the cucumber was best because the carrot was pointy and could stab his throat uncomfortably if he didn't do it right. So, with that in mind, he put the carrot back in its rightful place and washed the cucumber. He sliced off the bottom on one end, levelling it so he could prop it upright on the table without necessarily using his hands.

A deep breath, shrivelled face, and a mouth lightly hung open so he could form saliva faster and when the weird feeling within slowly settled, he tilted his head over the vegetable, spit falling out slowly and really, he wanted to run away from there. He should cancel their deal, forfeit his opportunity to get a Ferris wheel and keep his dignity.

But that thought was out the window the moment his mouth made contact with the poor, poor vegetable. The rind was cool to the touch─ assumedly from being in the fridge─ and slightly bumpy. He felt ridiculous doing that but his hands gripped the edges of his table and slowly, his mouth made its way down.

Every single bump and imperfection scratched his lips going back up, almost disgusted to see the amount of spit that stuck to the sides of the vegetable and the little pools that slid down onto the table. The green peel glistened under the one light he had turned on and almost as if it had personally offended him, Chenle scrunched up his face before going back down and taking it as far into his throat as possible.

His breaths came out shallow and nearly choked, his sudden urge to gag came and his eyes teared, hands gripping onto the table tightly and that alone should’ve told him to get to bed but the twist in his stomach wasn't enough to tell him that he had had enough. But what did tell him was enough was the quiet voice that rang loudly in the late of night.

"Lele? What're you doing?"

His stomach flipped and because he'd rather not have his Aunt witness him deep-throating a vegetable, he slammed his mouth downwards, getting the whole vegetable in his mouth as his eyes burned and throat begged to be relieved. He could feel bile rising from the sudden intrusion in his mouth and his breaths were strained. He couldn't believe that of all times, he was caught with a vegetable used in replace of a sex toy.

Slow crunches filled the night, his head still on the table as he decided he might as well eat the cucumber lest he actually choke on it. It wasn't overbearingly long, thankfully, but it took a lot of jaw strength to both crush it and prevent himself from spitting it out. He'd rather not witness his Aunt’s horrified face to see a six-inch vegetable lying on the table covered in spit and his face red.

"'m e'in'," Chenle mumbled, hardly loud enough to be understood.

"What’re you eating?"

His chewing got faster and to ensure he wouldn't scare her too much, he slid his head off and under the table, spitting the rest of the cucumber into his hand.

"Cucumber."

"Interesting. Go to bed, Lele. You shouldn't be awake at this hour and especially not awake eating a cucumber."

Chenle nodded, hiding the vegetable to the best of his ability before dashing up the stairs, discarding the remains in a trashcan at the top of the stairs before washing himself and collapsing into his bed. He was embarrassed and his throat fucking hurt! Never did he want to go through that again and the thought that he was supposed to do that with Jisung was even worse.

As if sensing his ever impending doom he felt within, a message lit up his phone which he instinctively clicked on and opened, dread filling inside. For once in his life he should've left his curiosity out and simply gone to sleep. But now he was left with the fact that he had opened the message and he couldn’t leave it on read without feeling as if he'd be spammed. Fuck Park Jisung.

"Come over tomorrow. We need to discuss."

"Goddamn," Chenle muttered, simply leaving a thumbs-up reaction on the message before drifting off to sleep grumpily. He could deal with the situation at hand when he woke up─ which included his sore throat.

So upon waking up, it was without surprise that his throat felt weird but it was entirely his problem to fix because he couldn't actually ask his Mother for help since his Aunt would more than likely snitch him out. He'd rather suffer in silence than have her loudly declare he was eating a cucumber whole in the middle of the night. He still needed to end Donghyuck's life for giving him such shit advice.

"Lele, someone sent us a message on our home phone that you are to attend the Park household this evening. Are you aware?"

Chenle gritted his teeth, fury blooming within because not only did Jisung do that to irk him but now he had no possible opportunity to ditch. His Mother would never allow such disgraceful behaviour and he knew that full well. If he did have an excuse to miss the event, it’d no longer work since a direct message was sent.

"I'm aware."

"Good. Now be on your way and don't forget."

With a nod of his head, he gathered his things and headed out, heaviness settling in his chest because frankly, he felt like something was weird in the air.