Beam

I woke up as usual at 6am. Damm body clock. I sat up and looked around and couldn't find Park. Where did he go so early?

I stood up and went to the balcony and looked out. I saw him swimming. Fuck. I quickly ran out, unaware I ran out in my shorts and no shirt, floppy bedhair and all.

"Park! Park! Come out now!"

Park couldn't hear me over the waves. I swam out to him and dragged him out.

"What the fuck Beam?!"

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Swimming? What? I can't do that too?!"

"Do it. I don't care. But do it when it's safe. No 1, the doctor yesterday told you to avoid water for a bit. And didn't you see the signboard on the way here? The waves are bad Park. Swimming is not safe. You could have gotten lost in the waves."

"Beam.."

"Damn it Park. Stop being stubborn. I know you aren't any damsel in distress and no I don't seek pleasure in saving you but I am not going to let anything happen to you either. Not on my watch. Idiot."

Park kept quiet. I let out the breath I had been holding and turned away. I was about to walk away when Park held onto my hand tightly and spun me around. I came face to face to with him and all I heard him say was "fuck it" and then Park kissed me.

He kissed me deeply and I could feel my soul being sucked out. We finally broke away, both of our faces flushed. Flushed red. Heavy breathing. Hearts thudding like mad. I blinked my eyes unsure of what to do. We must have stood there for quite a bit until we heard Nung's voice.

"You guys ok?"

We turned around and that's when our reality came crashing on us. Seeing Nung reminded me that Park was a taken man. I glanced at Park who had the same realisation on his face.

Earlier for a bit, we had lost ourselves to logic and just surrendered to our hearts but Nung's arrival reminded us of it.

And suddenly I didn't know what to do. I just watched as Park walked towards her, assuring all was well and that I had saved him from drowning and was being nagged for being reckless. He was truthful about everything except that he kissed me.

And that I also realized, I was falling for Park.