Park

I finally went back to school a week later, fully healed. The boys cheered when they saw me. I grinned and slid in to sit next to Lam who wasn't looking too happy despite being happy to see me.

"You ok?"

"Yea I am. Why do you ask?"

"Something is wrong with you. You don't seem like your usual self."

"I'm OK. You are just thinking too much."

Just then Beam came by with Pha and Kit who looked like he rather be anywhere than here. Lam saw them coming, muttered some excuse and left before I could even register his goodbye.

Pha sat next to Forth whilst Kit sat opposite me with Ming and Beam slid in to the seat next to me casually. I looked over at Beam and just smiled. We still hadn't announced anything to the boys so we decided to keep it natural as always between us.

Just then this girl from Communication Arts came by. She greeted all of us and she turned to Beam.

"Phiiiiii, do you want to go for drinks tonight with us na?"

"Ah no. No, thank you Nong. Not interested."

"Phiiiii, you never say no to me. Why? Let's goooooo na?"

I kept quiet, just wanting to let Beam handle it. I watched as he tried to politely tell her he wasn't interested and that he had plans and didn't want to go. But she wasn't taking no for an answer. Just as I was going to snap, suddenly Beam stood up.

"I already told you I don't want to go. No means no. Take a hint, Lin. And if you still insist, it's because my boyfriend  wouldn't be too happy about another person bringing me out for drinks. If you still insist, sure i come but with my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Who is it Phi?! I didn't even know you were gay. Phi, why!? There are so many pretty girls out there."

"I'm not dating him because of his gender. I am dating him because he is smart, wonderful, incredibly loya and sweet. Most importantly he only has eyes for me and no one else."

"Phi, who is that?! I don't belive that there is such a person."

I got fed up. I finally stood up and slung my hands over Beam's shoulders. Instantly, Beam beamed. Everyone were stunned. There was pin drop silence.

"Got your answer, na? If you ztill want me to come drinking, sure but I will come with my boyfriend only. But are you sure you want that? Like I said, my boyfriend only has eyes for me and no one else and that also means he's going to make sure no one will have their eyes on me too."

I watched as Lin gulped in fear. She just shook her head, apologised and left. We both turned to the rest of the table, where they were all staring at us, in pin drop silence.

Finally Kit muttered, "Another pair from the Engineering table? We might as well move here permanently."

Beam chuckled loudly at that. He just took my hands and sat down, kissing me on my cheek and then turned to the table. I don't think anything else was needed to be said to announce our relationship.

But jsut then, Beam turned to Kit.

"But we aren't the only couple here. What's with you and Lam?"

Kit's face turned red. He muttered something and looked down. We all looked at him but he didn't say anything. Finally Pha called out to him and he looked up, but teary eyed.

"Kit!" Beam gasped but Kit shook his head, stood up and left. We all watched as he left, wondering what the fuck was going on.

The rest of us looked at each other in silence. Clearly, something was going on and it's about time we sorted them out too.

I looked at Beam who smiled at me.

"I promise we will sort them out but let's please spend some time for ourselves too ok?"

I nodded, leaning in to finally kiss my boyfriend. All I heard as I drowned in that kiss, were cat calls, whistles and applause. But all of that meant nothing to me as I finally was with the love of my life.