Park

I turned to look at Beam who was chatting away on the phone animatedly with Kit harassing him about something. I just smiled when I saw this.

If Beam was harassing people, means he was getting better and that was indeed good news. Just then my own phone rang. I looked at the number and I groaned inwardly. It was my dad. I picked it up and before I could say anything, my dad went, "Come home on Sat. I need to speak to you." And he hung up. I rolled my eyes. Guess I was in for whatever we call it. Hell or not. But I looked at Beam who had no idea and seeing him just made it better.

I got this, I told myself inwardly as Beam ended his call and came over. "You ok? Why do you look so distracted?"

"Hmm nothing. How are you now? Hungry?"

"You sure? You know I am here for you right?"

I looked at him for quite a bit before finally revealing about the phone call. Beam hugged me softly and then uttered, "It's prolly something you want to do on your own but I will come along. I will wait outside and no matter what, know you are coming back to me."

I pulled away from Beam and looked at me. This fellow, he was capable of such gentleness? I cocked my head in confusion. Beam just ruffled my head gently and wanted to walk away to make a drink when I pulled him back. He fell onto my lap and looked at me wide eyed!

"Park!"

"You told me to come back to you. No matter what my dad said. Come back as your friend or more Beam?"

Beam blushed red and turned away. He couldn't look me in the eye. But I heard him say, "no matter what your dad says, you are coming back to me as someone I love. Even if it takes a little longer or a lifetime to convince him of our feelings."

I just looked in silence, stunned. Beam turned to look at me shyly and realized my own ears had turned red. He smiled and threw himself onto me for a hug and I held on tight.

Wow, is this how it feels like to fall in love with someone who loves you? Troublemaker or not, this boy has my heart and soul.