Park

I rode the bike up to Beam who was waiting for me, my jacket clutched around him tightly. He must be feeling really cold. I quickly brought him to the doctor's who said he must be having a viral infection.

Rest and medicines on time with proper meals were needed and Beam should recover in 2 days, the doctor said. As I rode back towards the dorms, I did wonder if Beam would listen to the doctor. He's training to be one but these are the people who barely listen. So at the last minute, I made a detour towards my dorm. Beam didn't realize as he was just resting his head on my back.

When I parked the bike, Beam finally realized and looked at me quizzically.

"It's only for 2 days. If I let you go now, chances are you wouldn't listen to any of the doctor's advice. So you be staying at mine till you recover. Don't even think of running away. I tell Forth and Lam to inform Pha and Kit."

Beam didn't get a chance to retort. I held onto his hand and brought him back to my room. I got him to shower whilst I ordered dinner and prepared his medicines. He came out, had his food and meds. I tucked him into bed and then I went to get a shower. I came out to see Beam shivering away. I went over and took him in my arms, holding him tight. Beam opened his eyes gingerly and looked at me.

"Im cold Park. So so cold."

"I'm here Beam. I'm here. Hold onto me ok?"

Beam nodded and held onto me tightly. I kissed his forehead softly and just cuddled him, wrapping him with blankets too. Beam nestled closer to me, wrapping his legs between mine so he could gather more body heat. I wrapped my arms around him tightly so he felt as warm and toasty as possible. It must have worked for he fell asleep deeply and I monitored him through the night. Its the first time I have ever looked after someone and this feeling was jsut new to me but very heartening. It felt nice to look after Beam.

We stayed in that position the entire night till Beam woke up around 6am the next day. I was still awake and just looking at him.

"Park.."

"How are you feeling now?"

"Hmm. Ok.."

"Cold?"

"Not so much.."

"Good. What do you want to eat? I go buy for you. Its still early. Sleep first."

"You woke up so early?"

"Hmm I actually.."

"You didn't sleep the whole night?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were OK..."

Beam looked at me for a long while before hugging me tightly. I could feel his tears soaking through my shirt.

"Beam.."

Beam nodded his head, refusing to talk, just holding onto me. I decided not to push it, holding onto him. I kissed his forehead again. This time, he pulled away and looked up at me.

"Park.."

"I like you. I really do. I don't know how much but I know it's definitely not the same kind of like I have for Forth or Lam. And I don't want to let you go. Even if I am going to fight my parents on this, I cannot and would not let go of you. And I would fight for you. To learn to see and feel for me the same way I do for you. No matter how long it takes."

Beam remained quiet. He didn't say anything. I didn't push for an answer either. He was sick. I needed him to be well. But he needed to know that I wasn't here like how Pha or Kit are. I don't want him to be mistaken about my presence in his life.

I like him, God damn it. And I be damned if I didn't confess.