Chapter 3

----(2 days before the patry)----Ciel's face was cold, perhaps too much for the taste of his faithful butler who saw a bright gleam in those chilling eyes.In all these twelve years he had never seen his master with such an expression and an obvious question came naturally to his mind -:What does Bocchan intend to do?:--:Do you know what day it is today Sebastian?:--:Tuesday, why do you ask?:-.A grin formed on the count's face followed by a slight laugh, somewhat unusual from Ciel who often tended to reserve from such behavior.-:In two days it is Elizabeth's birthday, you remember her don't you? Every year she gave a party and I found out that even after I left she continued to celebrate it:-Sebastian was confused, he didn't understand Ciel's true intentions.-:Bocchan, you should be clearer, I don't think a party is something so exciting:--:I can tell you didn't understand. Sebastian what do demons do? Besides feeding on the souls of humans what is another characteristic of theirs?:-.The devilish butler immediately understood the count's goal -:Creating chaos.....mph..I understand what Bocchan is trying to do, I can see you are getting excellently used to the life and purposes of a demon:--:Perfect, see if you can get the invitations for Lizzy's party, meanwhile I'll find a place we can occupy for as long as we stay in London:--:Yes, my Lord:-----(1 day before the party)----As dreary a day as any covered the London sky, and two hours away from there, the former Phantomhive mansion, now known as one of the best orphanages in the country, contrasted its surroundings with that imposing and elegant image it had always had. The children were running on the lawn and playing catch, climbing trees and having the time of their lives when at one point, what used to be the Earl's gardener, called the children to the table-:Children come and eat!:--:Ufff, Mr. Finnian stopped us right at the best moment:- complained the children who despite his interruption looked at him smiling.-:I'm sorry little ones but it's time for lunch, come on go inside, if you want to become strong like me you have to eat to grow up and become invincible:-said the cheerful Finnian who managed to convince them right away to let them into the dining room.While everyone was filling their stomachs, the unexpected arrival of someone made Mr. Finnian get up from the table "Who would come at this hour? The orphanage's expenses are all in order and the sanitation inspector came by last week....maybe it's a new child." When Fiannian opened the door he immediately recognized the person who was waiting for him and his eyes filled so full of tears that they slid down his cheeks and ended up on his shirt like it was raining -:M-mister C-Ciiieeeeeel!:- and he hugged the young man so hard that they ended up on the floor.-:Hahaha Finnian, long time no see:-.of course Ciel tried not to discompose himself too much and stood up together with the young man who was crying from happiness -:Mr. Ciel, how you have grown, you have even become taller than me! How are you?:--:I'm fine Finnian, how are you on the other hand? I see you are the same exuberant guy as years ago:- --:I'm great, sorry about before, I just didn't expect to see you again, I thought I would never see you again:-.Ciel looked at him and smiled making him understand his gratidune and laid a hand on his shoulder. Wiping away his tears, Mr. Finnian invited the Count to his study.They both sat down and drank some tea.-:Say Finnian, how long has this place been an orphanage?:--:For ten and a half years now. Before we left, you had given us permission to do what we wanted with it, and since we needed money to live and maintain the house, we decided to make it an orphanage.-:What about the company? I guess it collapsed right?:-.Finnian looked at Ciel with regret -:Unfortunately you're right, Mey Rin, Baldroy and I at the time were not able to control a company and Tanaka....:--:What happened to Tanaka?:-.
-: Mr. Tanaka died a week before this place became an orphanage...he died of a heart attack.....by the time the doctors arrived it was too late for him and without his presence we all knew we had no hope....After his funeral Baldroy returned to America. Even when I served here I often practiced reading,writing and counting and before Tanaka's death I was able to understand how housekeeping works. Mey Rin and I decided to make this place an orphanage because we wanted to give unfortunate children a place to live, just as you had done with us Mr. Ciel:-. Finnian's face was overflowing with kindness and gratitude toward Ciel.-:Listen to me Finnian, I know this is going to sound rash on my part but...since I'm going to be in London for some indefinite time yet and I have nowhere to go, I would like you to let me live here until I leave:--:Mr. Ciel, that's the minimun for you! I even set aside your room!:--:I'm really grateful, Sebastian will come too, let him sleep wherever you want:--:He came too!!!? This is the happiest day of my life!:-.Ciel didn't think it would take him longer to find a place to stay and this was only the beginning of his game. After arranging all his belongings in his room, Finnian introduced him to the children who knew Ciel, the one who had rescued their director when he was young and for that very reason they admired him greatly. Toward late evening the butler Sebastian made his entrance, who happily reunited with Finnian and took a seat in his new bedroom.----(The night before the party)----It was very late and everyone was asleep, there was no one around and in his room, Ciel was reading a book. Sebastian entered the room after knocking and took out the invitations for the ball giving them to the master.-:Good job Sebastian:--:Thank you, also I found out that Lady Elizabeth has new betrothed:-.-:So what? It would have been obvious after all. I don't care about her anymore, otherwise I wouldn't have come here at all:--:Of course, it's just that this man is not only the queen's new watchdog, but he has also maed a contract with a demon, just like you did:-. The information gathered by Sebastian was like cast gold, like those spices that give a totally different flavor to a meal, Ciel thought of nothing but his entertainment -:This will make everything more fun for me:-.