Chapter 5

-James-Humans have no brains at all, if you know you are an assassin at least be sure that you do your job well without getting caught so easily. Master Richard has been very good, I don't look forward to devour him, he is a very rare prey....Oh! There he is, the Baron is having a great time. Now it's my turn to play the bad guy, not that I've ever been good.... But why doesn't he stand still for a moment? I hate chasing those whose hours are already coming to an end, and besides, why the hell is he going so far away? Maybe he wants to commit another one of his childish, boring crimes. I hope to at least scare him a little.

-Narration-James was chasing the Baron who entered a seemingly empty room. He didn't care much, he was now halfway through.....or he thought so.When he entered, he found the body of the one he was chasing slumped on the floor in agony with a knife across his forehead and throat, blows so lethal that he was bleeding so badly that a red puddle was forming on the floor, but so perfect that they left the victim in pain and made him wish for immediate death. The Baron's eyes turned completely and he let out one last breath from his helpless body. James was shocked; he never expected such a scene and to fail in what he had been doing for some time now. For him it was like a condemnation, a disgrace, he had practically spit on the contract he had made with Richard by failing his mission.But he could no longer think about his disappointing failure.

-----(The next day in the Moonlight mansion)-----In Richard's office, the work desk was filled with various documents and paperwork, each of varying importance, but when James revealed the details of the night before, nothing mattered to the Count Moonlight anymore.-:I still can't believe it James! How is it possible that you, a demon, let that filthy Baron get away so easily?!:- Richard scolded him for his behavior.-:I assure you Master that I followed your every order before killing him, yet, when I entered the room, he was already on the floor dying, please punish my failure with whatever method you wish:-James was visibly sorry, and Richard could not be the bad cop.-:No, it would just be a waste of time and then you know I am not that kind of person, if you lost him, so be it! The important thing is that the filthy guy is now dead -: consoled the blond.-:It just makes me angry that you weren't able to figure out who did it, I mean it's our job, when we're done you can devour my heart and soul, but see that you do well what I demand you to do...now we have to figure out who it was that anticipate you last night..:-.Richard was really confused, he didn't know what to hold on to, he didn't know who to suspect. He had had his eye on every guest the night before, and no one had followed James and the Baron. Richard's very clear eyes were not only beautiful but were also very attentive, nothing had ever escaped his notice until then. -:Yo James, for now let's not think about it and go ahead with what they will ask us to do, if it happens again then we should avail ourselves to plan B:--:Plan B?:- the butler asked him.-:Yes, Plan B, I will tell you when and only if it is necessary to use it:-.Richard had a serious face, he no longer had that almost naive behavior of the party, instead he was up to something, but even he did not know if that idea would help him or destroy his plans.