Chapter 16

In the morning, the opaque light of the sun covered by the typical London clouds, entered the room of Count Phantomhive, he woke up with a small grimace drawn on his face and remembered that he had occupied the bed the night before. He did not get up immediately, he really liked the feeling of satisfaction that he felt after sleeping enough to make him recharge."Five more minutes," he thought, curling up on his mattress and pulling the covers over his head. The pendulum clock rang, which irritated him a little but did not move.
The door opened and silent steps approached the bed -:Bocchan:- the butler calmly called him-:You must get up and get ready:-. Sebastian received a murmur in response, but the Count rose soon after.-:You know? A nice breakfast with cream croissants and some tea would not be bad for breakfast:- said the Count with a carefree expression, in addition, his undone hair and his wrinkled pajamas gave him a silly look.
-:I understand very well your desire Bocchan, too bad that now it is a simple utopia:- pointed out the butler in a somewhat ironic tone, after all, his master, even demon, was still a human at heart, and this often amused him.
The Count got out of bed, washed his face and mouth, and then dressed himself, while Sebastian obtained a pen and paper to formulate the report on the resolution of the investigation and prepared the carriage with the horses.
Phantomhive immediately set to work, reported everything that had happened the day before and signed what had become an official document.-:What are our plans today Sebastian?: - asked the Count after re-reading the report.-:We just have to go to London and deliver the document to Count Moonlight, after which there is no other task waiting for you:- replied the butler.-:Well, then, if you have already prepared the horses it is better to move:- announced the Count.-:Hmm, can I ask you why you are starting to use horses? We don't need them to move, neither you nor I:-
-:We did wrong to use our powers to move from one place to another, James is a demon with quite strong senses and to make us discover just for a run is something that would make me angry, from now on we will use the carriage and we will do as the others, we will only use our speed when we really need it:-.
-:Ingenious o:- although from his point of view it was something so basic that he wondered why he had not thought of it before.

The journey to the Moonlight mansion lasted a long time, the Count was so bored that he fell asleep resting on the glass door and when Sebastian bumped on a hole, he ended up hitting his head on the window. Upon arrival the two stopped at the entrance of the mansion and waited to be greeted by the landlord who welcomed them warmly and made them sit in the tea room where all kinds of cakes appeared as soon as the door to the room was opened. The guests were invited to sit and Moonlight took some tea, first offered it to Phantomhive, who accepted a little irritated that the drink would make him feel sick.

-:Well:- said Count Moonlight,-:I'm really curious to know what you found out yesterday, you know I was a little hurt after you abandoned me like that dear colleague, but first:- said the blond with a cheerful tone -:I want to tell you something about it, I think it is a key point of this investigation:- continued.-:And would that be?: - asked the Count who did not miss a grin.-:Last night I investigated until exhaustion, I reread all the documents and analyzed every evidence we found and I came to the conclusion that all this is not the work of someone who likes to mutilate people for fun, indeed I believe that the world of the occult is the cause of all this, I mean, all the victims have received the same treatment  and was made with precision, too much to be a simple act of murder , in which cse would have presented irregularities.: - he said in an unusually serious voice.
Phantomhive did not speak for a couple of seconds, he observed the colleague with his uncoveed eye  and sighed.-:Sebastian, the report:- ordered.-:Yes my lord:-, the butler took out a paper bag from his jacket and handed it to his master.-:I want to be honest with you Richard, at first I didn't like you even a little bit and I'm not referring to your noisy and chaotic way of doing things, but to the way you presented yourself to me:- he stopped for a moment and twisted the envelope in his hands a couple of times, as if at that moment keeping his partner in a tense state was the priority of the visit, then he resumed talking -:You looked incompetent, but despite this, I accepted your cooperation because the fact that you are the Queen's Watchdog must have a plausible reason, and today, you gave me the answer to that "why":-James was about to lose control, how dared any man turn to his master like that? If it weren't for Richard and Sebastian, he would have taken out Ciel Phantomhive without a word.
Maybe Moonlight seemed stupid, but this was just his way of approaching people and situations that presented themselves, certainly being insulted had irritated him but this did not make him lose his temper -:What do you mean?: - asked him, then leaning his head on one hand.-:I mean you surprised me, which doesn't happen that often you know? To solve a case just by analyzing texts and photos, without the complete need to investigate the crime scene is something that I believe only few can do.:- Richard raised his eyebrow, apparently Count Phantomhive was complimenting him, which was unexpected.-:However..: - continued Ciel who stopped turning the envelope in his hands and gave it to the colleague -:you made a slight delay, but I think it is irrelevant at this time:-.Richard was confused, but what was he talking about? Count Phantomhive got up from where he was sitting and Sebastian opened the door.-:If you think it's necessary to, change what you want, at least now you can think about the wedding, there are three days left if I'm not mistaken:- that said, Ciel and Sebastian thanked for the hospitality and left.
Richard opened the envelope and read its contents, inside there were also photos that confirmed the presence of the people who would be sacrificed and the black priests, all taken from well-hidden positions.
Count Moonlight was embittered, he did not say a word, he did not express himself in any way except with a smile. He sighed loudly.-:James, I don't know about you but now I want to kick his a- -:Master, how many times must I tell you not to use such vulgar expressions? You are no longer a wanderer:-. Richard made a gesture of forgiveness and went to work. -:Ciel Phantomhive, you have insulted me over and over again and I have tolerated you until now, even my patience has a limit, if you want to play then we will play, but from now on I will make the rules:-.

-----(In the afternoon always in London)-----

Ciel had been in the city center all morning shopping, Finnian, Mey Rin and the children would be back from the beach vacation a few days after the wedding so he thought it necessary to keep that little neglected mansion in order again, plus, if they had guests, they'd have the house ready.
While Sebastian checked the merchandise, Ciel caught a glimpse of Elizabeth's blonde hair in the crowd.-:I have to do something important, you keep doing your job, then I'll call you:- he said quickly. The butler didn't object and let him go.
Elizabeth was looking at white high-heeled shoes, decorated with blue bows. She felt someone gently tap her shoulder and when she turned around she was delighted to see the Count again.-:Ciel, hello, how nice to meet you here!: -
-:Nice yo see you too Lizzy, were you looking something for the wedding?: - he asked her looking at the shoes in the window.-:Oh yes, I was looking for a pair of shoes for the dress and I think these are perfect.: -
-:Well they are very nice...:-Ciel said, then he added -I'm going to buy you those shoes, consider it my wedding gift, I think it's the least and then how about taking some time off with me? You could tell me a little about what you have prepared and maybe I can give you some advice.: -
-:Oh my! Would you really do this for me? You're an angel, really, I don't know how to thank you and anyway, yeah, I would really love to spend some more time with someone other than the wedding planner, he's such an unpleasant guy:-

After buying the shoes, Elizabeth asked where they would stop -:Come to the mansion, I have some things that might interest you:- said the Count.
She thought about it for a moment and agreed not to care about the long distance between the center and the mansion. The Count called Sebastian, who was happy to see the Lady again, and invited them to the carriage. The two spoke of everything that could pass by through their mids for the whole trip that which thi time seemed to last very little.
Arriving at their destination, the Count and Lady sat in the tea room while Sebastian left to do his errands.
-:So, what did you have to show me?: - asked Elizabeth.-:Follow me:- he said smiling.
Ciel took Elizabeth to a dark room, which was lit immediately after he pulled the curtains. The dust rose in the air but it was so light that it gave the place an almost utopian atmosphere. Then he turned his back to look for something in the old drawers and when he found what he was looking for he came up to her with beautiful, shiny jewelry.-:They are old but I would like you to wear them, the necklace belonged to Madame Red, her only jewel that was not red and the only one that really graced her, while the earrings were my mother's, they have the same color of the bows of the shoes and I had thought to give them to you:-.
Those jewels were simple but they represented something of great value. Elizabeth was moved and barely managed to hold back her tears. Ciel waved her to try them. The earrings highlighted her face but she could not put on the necklace, it was difficult to maneuver alone, then Ciel put her hair behind her shoulders and helped her. Both looked in the mirror and admired not the jewels, but their reflection together. Elizabeth felt that Ciel's presence made her feel something unusual and he noticed.
He got closer to her and with one hand he embraced her waist while with the other he took her face and brought it so close to his that she could feel their breathing. He looked at her intensely, his blue eye was so deep and hypnotic that she lost herself completely and his strength prevented her from falling. She had the lips of a red so natural that even Ciel was lost in that moment.He wanted to taste her.She wanted to feel the pleasure of being overwhelmed by that force. A kiss that had been waiting for a long time to be given, that bond of an irrepressible passion, gave rise to an exchange of strong sensations. Their lips were gently caressing each other. The taste of love cannot be described but, whatever it may be, it is difficult to do without it let alone resist it.