The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sumin

feelings originate with the mind projecting its subjective experience onto the world. The world isn't inherently joyful or sad; it just is.

The world we see is not the entire universe but a limited one that the mind cares about.

What our mind focuses on becomes our world.

When your mind rests, the world also rests.

When an enlightened person transcends the duality of you and me, she sees life as one long play.
This is why she remains humorous and lighthearted.
She plays her role but never forgets it is a performance.

Life is like theater. You are assigned a role.
If you don't like the role,
keep in mind that you have the power to re-create the role you want.

Everyone is kind to someone they meet for the first time. The question is how long their kindness lasts. Don't be fooled just because someone is nice to you at first.

Criticism without a solution is merely an inflation of the critic's ego.

If the people around you always agree with you, they are probably opportunists, not loyalists.

Those who do not make enemies are more powerful than those who have the strength to fight them all and win.

People who easily ignore others do so because they are afraid of being ignored.

Love will leave when you ask more of it.

When we are in love, we like to do nice things for the one we love.
But it is equally important to refrain from doing unnecessary things.
We often overlook that part.

Always go with your first choice if you can afford it.
It is better than a life filled with regret.

Stop worrying about what others think and just do what your heart wishes. Do not crowd your mind with "what if's". Uncomplicate your life and own up to your desires. Only when you are happy can you help to make the world a happier place.

Do not let people's opinions of you determine who you are. Instead of worrying about what others think, drove yourself to your dreams.

Knowledge wants to talk.
Wisdom wants to listen.

Some say they don't really know what they are looking for in life.
This might be because, instead of getting in touch with how they feel,
they have led their lives according to others people's expectations.
Live your life not to satisfy others, but to fulfill what your heart desires.

No matter how famous, powerful, or rich some people are, 
they are not very different from anyone else. 
We long for deep connection and unconditional acceptance. 
We have the same insecurities and need for approval. 
There is no reason to feel inferior. 

It is a sign of great spiritual strength 
to keep someone else's secret. 

   Wisdom is not something we have to strive to acquire. Rather, it arises naturally as we slow down and notice what is already there.